TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Personally, I'm glad less people will be flying and travelling to resort dive spots. More space for me. :D

Good grief you all.....

I just returned from a month diving in the Philippines. I went through security in the US, Korea, and the Philippines. You talk about much ado about nothing!! TSA did not offend me in the least. You all need to take some tranquilizers, IMHO.

whoopee for you but your one experience is just that, you cannot make the assumption that this would be the same for every traveler in the states that's naive but then again maybe thats why the TSA never bothered you IMHO :D

image.jpg CLick on the image to see the TSA's new slogans....

Good grief you all.....

I just returned from a month diving in the Philippines. I went through security in the US, Korea, and the Philippines. You talk about much ado about nothing!! TSA did not offend me in the least. You all need to take some tranquilizers, IMHO.

... not all airports are using the new "enhanced" techniques yet ... maybe you just got lucky ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Allison is right, and even if the enhanced techniques aren't yet in place, I honestly don't believe that the TSA is going to fondle anyone's privates.

I think there is a tendency in these difficult times, for people to overreact to things. But when the going gets tough, underwater and above, it is more important than ever to keep calm and use your head.

The enhanced was in effect....I just didn't think it was all that bad. I have flown on the India Pakistan border and that "enhanced" gauntlet was a lot more intense. It just wasn't that big a deal.

No more embarrassing than squeezing into a wetsuit in front of everyone.

KVUE article:
"It's unfortunate that that happened and she didn't get to fly home, but it makes me feel a little safer," said Emily Protine.
Of course it does ... as long as they're doing it to someone else.

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

"Those who would sacrifice essential liberties for a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." - Benjamin Franklin

... Bob (Grateful Diver)
Very well said Ben.

Unfortunately in todays society no one cares as long as it's not affecting them directly.

I tell my coworkers to visualize their grandmother or daughter being molested by TSA and then tell me how great it is that TSA is keeping America safe.

Back
Top Bottom