TSA got you down?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A recent CBS news poll shows 81% of travelers support body scans.

Interesting ... a recent poll conducted by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer got almost the opposite statistic ...

What do you think about full-body scans and enhanced pat-downs at airports?

11.0% - I don't care; it's important for airports to be secure.

5.5% - I'd prefer the scan.

2.8% - I'd prefer the pat-down.

80.7% - Both are a privacy violation.

Total Votes: 1277

Poll: What do you think of body scans at airports?

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Our soldiers put there LIFE (and possible well being of their family)on the line to help give us our liberty and ensure our freedom and safety. And some of you are not willing to walk into a body scan machine to help ensure the saftey of your fellow passengers.

Our soldiers put there LIFE (and possible well being of their family)on the line to help give us our liberty and ensure our freedom and safety. And some of you are willing to walk into a body scan machine and give those freedoms and liberty up to help TSA ensure illusion of the pretend safety of your fellow passengers.

There, fixed it for you.

I'll do my part to keep America safe. If it means that someone pats me on the butt or looks at a scan of my body, so be it. I would rather have either or both than to have another 9/11.

On a happier note, as more of you that cancel your plans, it may drive airfare down for me, so do as you wish.

Interesting ... a recent poll conducted by the Seattle Post-Intelligencer got almost the opposite statistic ...
Interesting but not surprising, given the self-selected group polled, and prefatory statements like:
What about so-called enhanced pat-downs, which can include touching in places you probably wouldn't usually let a stranger anywhere near?
and:
But the results from that poll were released a while ago, before a slew of stories about leaked body-scan photos and aggressive pat downs some say border on sexual assault.
These polls are a tabloid fixture, and have the effect, in my opinion, of legitimizing sensationalism with their deliberately skewed results.

If you don't like the TSA methods then don't fly. Real simple.

I don't fly anymore unless absolutely necessary. Maybe once a year. Prefer to drive 13 hours to Cave Country rather than fly to Caribbean. As you say,real simple.

Either deal with your job requirement of find another job.

Already done that. Several reasons why. TSA was one of them.

Our soldiers put there LIFE (and possible well being of their family)on the line to help give us our liberty and ensure our freedom and safety. And some of you are not willing to walk into a body scan machine to help ensure the saftey of your fellow passengers.

Many of us feel that the intrusion our government is forcing upon is is a threat to our liberty and freedom ... and doesn't do a damn thing for our safety. In fact, if you look into who's really benefitting from these scans, it's the folks making the scanners ... who are, coincidentally, represented in Washington DC by the former head of the Dept. of Homeland Security.

Go figure ... this isn't about your safety at all ... it's about their ability to siphon a few hundreds of million$ from the federal government ... :shakehead:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I just canceled a dive trip to Bonaire so that I wouldn't have to submit to state authorized sexual molestation. . . .

My group leaves for Bonaire tomorrow. Maybe I'll wear my wetsuit to the airport.

You do have a problem with logic, don't you?

OK, I admit that my logic can be fuzzy at best.

Read what the op wrote.

TSA is not there to catch terrorists, but to prevent terrorism aboard our airlines. But one of the arguments against TSA is that they have not caught a single terrorist.

He (the op) is turning down a Bonaire trip because he feels that air travel is now too inconvenient for him. He suggests that you avoid air travel too because TSA screening is just too entirely cumbersome, ineffective (since it has not caught a terrorist), and violates your rights. Why the whole process is "hellish" for him.

In my opinion, a dive trip to Bonaire is really really really really really worth a pat down if that is what it takes. (I've been to Bonaire...haven't had the dreaded pat down yet.)

I think it is a little ridiculous to suggest that we all boycott airline travel because of TSA's goofy practices. #1, the TSA doesn't care if you travel or not. #2, for some of us, the destination is worth it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom