TS /Hurricane Dolly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glad you had a good time! Lake Travis is sure not blue water diving, but has it's own rewards. Sounds like y'all followed the Lake Travis buddy separation plan, 'continue dive and keep eye out for buddy until agreed upon time interval or turn pressure is reached, then do safe ascent and meet at entry/exit point', not too different from standard separation except for the variable and often extended time interval, which varies according to less experienced buddies comfort and experience level, maybe 5 minutes, maybe 50, for the doubles set even more.

Hope our fresh murk didn't ruin you for salt :D hopefully you have just added to all the places you now consider diveable :) Sorry I couldn't get out and join y'all, shout out next time you come up this way for some muck diving.

The viz right off the point outside of the swim area was actually pretty good. 20' easily, but still went to nothing deep. I had a great time diving with freedvr...for the time we were actually together. You know that Lake Travis vis. Take your eye off your buddy for an instant and "Poof!" you're solo diving. :D

It's a real bummer we lost each other on that second dive too. There are some incredible grottoes off the point, outside of the swim area right at 60' where the vis was great (for Lake Travis anyway). Sorry, no Playboy Bunnies or Italian super models though. :wink:

The viz right off the point outside of the swim area was actually pretty good. 20' easily, but still went to nothing deep. I had a great time diving with freedvr...for the time we were actually together. You know that Lake Travis vis. Take your eye off your buddy for an instant and "Poof!" you're solo diving. :D

It's a real bummer we lost each other on that second dive too. There are some incredible grottoes off the point, outside of the swim area right at 60' where the vis was great (for Lake Travis anyway). Sorry, no Playboy Bunnies or Italian super models though. :wink:

Dang it, I was hoping you'd keep quite about the vis part :D Now everybody's gonna be diving off the point. I went out there yesterday evening with PaulW and enjoyed the same great conditions at the 60 - 70' level. We found the grottos, but didn't go in. We're saving that for another dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom