Trying to pick a decent drysuit.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive-Rite 901. Best drysuit I have ever owned.

I've had Poseidon, DUI, Diving Concepts, USIA, and Waterproof drysuits. My last two have been Waterproof D7Pro Cordura suits. My next suit will be the new model of Waterproof suit coming out next year. They are the only suit I have been completely happy with.​

Where do I find some info on this new Waterproof model?

True or false, Waterproof suits are not customizable for size?

I have seen a couple of Waterproof suits and they are very nice, but the size thing rules them out for me. I have some other Waterproof gear that is high quality. I love their hoods and wetsuits.

I would give Seaskin a serious consideration given that they are very customizable, made-to-measure, comparatively cheap, and well-made. I have one and a Santi E-Lite and I would consider getting another Seaskin.

One thing to consider is who works on drysuits in your area. It will behoove you to get acquainted with someone, regardless of which suit you choose. I am very lucky to have someone local, so aside from anything bad from the manufacturer, I can have my suits worked on by him. And all suits will eventually leak, need repairs, need a new zipper, etc. If you have someone close enough that you don't have to ship, that would be ideal.

I have had a couple off the peg drysuits. First one, looks about the right size, not really, little too big. Second suit I picked an off the peg that was in the window of my size. Better. Had an issue and ended up with yet another suit but this time spent a few extra dollars on the made to measure. Just putting it on the first time in the house you suddenly realize what it means to actually fit you and not just you fit in it. For me, little things like the calves being properly sized so they don't hold massive amount of air (because my legs are skinny and the off the shelf has to fit all sizes of legs).

I don't care the brand, but if you can spend a little extra and get a made to measure it is worth it.

If you have money-by all means, go for Santi E.lite, DUI FLX Extreme. Great suits. They used to be the only game in town. However, there is serious competition now. Seaskin is the cheapest serious custom suit you can get. You will not be unhappy with one, for sure. I own one and love it. My newer suit is Frogman Tech. It's a top shelf product that will compete side by side with DUI FLX or other top brands any day of the week. And costs in the $1600 range or so, custom sized.

Would love to see some pics of the Seaskin dry suit on people. Might be a good backup option when and if my Santi needs to be repaired.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom