Trying to Learn More about My US Divers Sport 1st Stage

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

milbournosphere

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to learn more about this regulator and one other, a US Divers Aquarius. I've been able to find out plenty about Conshelf and SE regulators, but very little about the Aquarius and even less about the US Divers Sport. It's not my photo, but my Sport 1st and 2nd look exactly like this:

$(KGrHqR,!mIFBEPhGzprBQRpommRlw~~60_35.JPG

Any information would be greatly appreciated. I've also got a Conshelf XII (I think?) second stage that serviced up very well and is breathing wonderfully.

Unbalancd piston workhorse. Very similar to the current model aqualung calypso, scubapro MK2. Mares rover, or oceanic SP5. Still serviceable by your local aqualung service center. Look for cracks in the second stage housing where the hose connects.

Thanks for the quick reply. I know that there was a DIN converter for the Conshelf series...did Aqualung make a similar part for the Sport?

As schubasteve says its a simple unbalanced flow by piston 1st stage like the Calypso and Aquarius 2.....the 2nd stage is like any other USD reg of the same vintage.
The reg was more common in Europe and I believe it was known as the Spiro Club, the similar version (no angled 1st stage) sold in the Americas was the Aquarius II.

.....there probably was a DIN version in Europe, but its an older reg and you will not find a specific DIN converter made for the Sport in the States.
However there's quite a good chance that the current Calypso/Titan/Legend converter will fit, you'll need to find that out yourself as I don't have a Sport at the moment.

Thanks, I'll see if I can find one and test the fit. I can't find a tech manual for the regulator so I'm not sure...would the reg be limited to 200 Bar like the Calypso or will I be able to take it to 300 Bar a la similar vintage Conshelf regs?

Regarding the Aquarius: When did they start stamping the first stage with serial numbers? My first stage has no identifiers whatsoever stamped into it; I'm guessing it was made in '71, based off of the serial number taken from the second stage, but I'm not too certain.

I see no reason for it not to take 300 BAR. I think you may be looking at different earlier yoke equipped models to find the 200 Bar spec.
It's not as old as you think, early to mid 80's would be my estimate.

I threw the 200 Bar number out there because that seems to be what Aqualung rates the current Calypso at on their website. I haven't yet found any manual for the US Divers Sport, so I'm not sure one way or the other. I would guess that it would take 300 Bar with a DIN conversion, but without any documentation I'm really just speculating. Thanks again for all of the info. :)

---------- Post added November 30th, 2012 at 09:03 AM ----------

So does anybody know where I might find a tech manual for my Sport regulator? I've found a few sources, but none with a manual for this reg.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom