Trying to decide between two regs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This conversation is good for me, primarily because I'm looking at buying a new setup. I was between HOG and Zeagle, and at this point I'm leaning 100% HOG. I don't care about the fancy box, it gets recycled anyway, or the marketing. I care about breathing underwater. From what I've seen, it seems as though HOG does it pretty well, and happens to have a good price. So I'm with the others and will take two.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

You understand that Zeagle is made here in the USA. Where are you going to get it service? Jim L can do it but you will need to ship it to him. Are you getting the DIN or yoke version? A lot of question you need to ask but, you did answer the OP question.

You understand that Zeagle is made here in the USA. Where are you going to get it service? Jim L can do it but you will need to ship it to him. Are you getting the DIN or yoke version? A lot of question you need to ask but, you did answer the OP question.

I do know that Zeagle is made here. Unfortunately my LDS doesn't carry either, so I know that anything I'm going to buy will have to be shipped. Unfortunately my LDS only does Sherwood, Oceanic, and Poseidon. So the chances of me driving them in for service is pretty much out. As it stands, I'm looking at the din with yoke adapter, even though I understand it makes it a little larger, it does open up versatility.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

What keeping hog/edge from changing their policies they can do the same thing as scubapro. Also all it takes is one lawsuit from somebody spouse and they will stop sell part to the individual.

That statement doesn't hold up. Otherwise, auto parts stores would have stopped selling parts to DIY car owners years ago.

That statement doesn't hold up. Otherwise, auto parts stores would have stopped selling parts to DIY car owners years ago.

If you only new half of what thought you knew about the scuba maybe you would have a idea what goes on in the sport. I'm not going to give the lawyers any ideas. A certain scuba company got sued because a mask broke and cut the childs face and they spent 10 of thousand defending themselves and they won. But I don't think hog would win their case remember the lady and the MickeyD coffee case.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom