Question Trying to decide between an electric powered or gasoline powered MCH-6 Icon...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You do realize I just bought a MCH-6 Icon with a 5.5 hp HONDA motor from Nuvair? I believe your information source that says Honda disallows use of their motors on breathing gas compressors is erroneous. Sure ain't Nuvair. And Nuvair is the US Coltri distributor; they are located in Oxnard, CA.

But none of that matters, does it?
I am familiar with who they are, I deal with them regularly. I would be curious to see that line item on your invoice as we just discussed it at DEMA last month.

As of today the Honda engine is still advertised on the Nuvair website, here.

The honda engine sku is a non breathing air only option. Honda US prohibits their engine to be sold for use with a breathing air compressor. If you call to order it, they will inform you of that. It was a fairly recent change, within the last two years. It used to come with a honda and it was far and away the best part of the whole unit.
You can probably spec it that way if you know who to ask and what to say, but it officially isn't an option.

Just repeating the same statement doesn’t make to true, which you haven’t provided a link or reference to.

The evidence doesn’t support your point of view.
Ok.
Feel free to call them.
Bauer is currently the same way. A Jr sold in the US is shipping with a Predator or a Kohler Engine.
They aren't pleased about it, but the only workaround is to sell a paintball compressor with breathing air filtration and a pmv.
In the end you get the same thing, it just gets listed differently on the invoice.

Ok.
Feel free to call them.
Why,

Their website is quite clear they sell the product in the US. Others have bought the product. You seem to be unable to substitute your opinion.

I’ve heard all sorts of misinformation at dive shows, generally perpetrated by competitors. (Is that your angle)

I’ve heard all sorts of misinformation at dive shows, generally perpetrated by competitors. (Is that your angle)
You have caught me. I am starting my own compressor company and my goal is to compete for the cheapest compressor made. My master plan is to state online that you can't order this one with a Honda engine and listed for breathing air.
With this information, I shall rule the world.

I've been running a petrol version for over 7 years. Not a problem, got its last air purity certificate 2 months ago.
Edward when you bought that compressor the engine was from the Honda GX range and at the time as an example the petrol driven engines of that day complied with an allowable 50ppm Sulfer emission While at the same time our American cousins were happy accepting an 80ppm emission. Among other dangerous gases.
Times move on and they are now at 15ppm level max while we here in the civilised part of the world have a maximum allowable requirement of 10ppm

While at the same time interest in NOx Co2 CO CH4 and N2O is increasing while the acceptable safe allowable standards are decreasing which brings me nicely to your " Not a Problem" Air purity certificate
Would you be brave enough to photograph the certificate and post it on the forum as I think you may be missing something of a problem. Iain

Thanks....the MCH-6 Icon I ordered does have an...5.5hp Honda motor,...
Which brings another question if you too would be brave enough to post a photo of this shiny new compressor when it arrives as there are four of five important considerations you would have needed to have questioned prior to purchase one of which would have been this Honda Engine.

Is it going to be shipped with the old commercial heavy duty application Red and cream Honda GX-200 as per their website photo shown in a previous post and we then continue with questions of how independent retailers can fob off old obsolete standard motors for unsuspecting scuba use that may or may not meet the latest immission standards for the country or a specific state or global region.

Or will they ship it with the latest light duty Honda GP-200 in Grey and cream as shown on the Coltri web site in which case stated by Honda as bring suitable only for light duty applications such (I quote) as home use tillers, aerators and other light duty applications?

Goes nicely with your new paintball kit I guess.

Which brings another question if you too would be brave enough to post a photo of this shiny new compressor when it arrives as there are four of five important considerations you would have needed to have questioned prior to purchase one of which would have been this Honda Engine.

Is it going to be shipped with the old commercial heavy duty application Red and cream Honda GX-200 as per their website photo shown in a previous post and we then continue with questions of how independent retailers can fob off old obsolete standard motors for unsuspecting scuba use that may not meet the latest immersion standards.

Or will they ship it with the latest light duty Honda GP-200 in Grey and cream as shown on the Coltri web site but stated by Honda as bring suitable for light duty applications such (I quote) as home use tillers, aerators and other light duty applications?

Goes nicely with your new paintball kit I guess.

Iain...I realize you consider yourself a member of the "we here in the civilised part of the world" but seriously, drop it and move on. Bombastic retorts are not incisive or helpful to those viewing these posts. We freely acknowledge that you are by far the smartest, most well informed person on the forum or in the civilized world for that matter. Get over yourself and please contribute positive information and not just defamations. Or as we in the colonies say: "If you don't have something positive to say, don't say anything". Cheers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom