Try to visual this incident . . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sea nmf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was snorkeling in front of my place on Sunday. At the end there was a bit of garbage to pick up so I picked up a couple of cans, then I tried to get this piece of hard black plastic, the size of my hand.

It was waving in the surge but it didn't come loose of the reef - it seemed to be stuck. I pulled a bit more. It still wouldn't come loose. Then I looked closely and I was fighting an octoups for this piece of plastic. I decided to let him have it.

sea nmf:
I was snorkeling in front of my place on Sunday. At the end there was a bit of garbage to pick up so I picked up a couple of cans, then I tried to get this piece of hard black plastic, the size of my hand.

It was waving in the surge but it didn't come loose of the reef - it seemed to be stuck. I pulled a bit more. It still wouldn't come loose. Then I looked closely and I was fighting an octoups for this piece of plastic. I decided to let him have it.

:rofl3: :rofl3: Tug-O-War

lol.

did he like your hot pink wing?

be careful if you start picking up monofilament not to get tangled up.
you have a knife, yes? Miss-snorkels-solo

so..was he licking the bag, or what?

I was snorkeling - so no wing. Really.

I've taken to swimming every other day after work now because the days are a bit longer. But I wear my snorkel so I can sight see as I'm swimming out to the surfers and back. I discovered something about lagoon triggerfish - they like it in the rubble, not the reef.

By the way, my front yard is humuhumunukunukuapa'a central! Need a great picture of one - any size - this is your place. Lots of box fish lately, too.

LOL. Octopi are incredibly strong. I've ran across small two-spot octopi, here in So Cal, using a large turban shell to block the entrance to their dens ... and have engaged in games of tug-o-war with a few. Man, it's nearly impossible to wrestle something away from them. They have super human strength ... especially for their size. They're completely capable of pushing (or pulling) you and all your gear.

Strong buggahs eh?...love it

I'll come over some evening and snorkel with you for sure :wink: Call you later

Never fight an octopus, they come well armed!:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:
Man I crack me up.

That's hysterical!!! Wish I could have seen it!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom