Try the new Poseidon MkVI for yourself

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy Harris

Executive Producer
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Try the MkVI “recreationalrebreather” at your local Poseidon dealer.
MKVI.jpg
Register by clicking on theevent in your area or go to Poseidon.com
Sept1-5 Aquatic Sports Portland, OR
Sept8-12 Underwater Sports Seattle, WA
Sept15-19 Homestead Crater Orem, UT
Sept22-26 Colorado Dive Show Denver, CO
Sept29-Oct1 Blue Hole Santa Rosa, NM

Poseidon has released the new MKVI recreational rebreather and it is fantastic... we know first hand after diving it in Greece last month. The Into The Drink crewwill be diving this along with their line of dive gear that has been a symbolof quality since 1956.
Check outtheir line atwww.poseidon.com

Well, I tried but unfortunately it didn't work out.

The Poseidon tour came through Portland today. Although their flyer said it would be a five-day event, it was actually only today. Aquatic Sports set it up so that there would be three divers per hour, which seems like it ought to be enough time, but I was signed up for the first hour and we never got off the ground and into the water, so to speak. The demo guys were running a little late, and one of our group wouldn't stop with the questions, which delayed things further as they would launch into lengthy explanations. I was learning a lot about rebreathers, but meanwhile the clock was ticking and it didn't seem like we were getting any closer to getting into the pool. Meanwhile the next group of divers began arriving and ten minutes into their time, just as we were finally going to strap one on and give it a whirl, I had to leave due to a prior commitment.

Crud.

Looks interesting but frankly probably not for me, at least not any time soon. The initial investment, around $7K I think since I couldn't get a straight answer (isn't there a MSRP?), is substantial, and I can do at least a couple of Central America trips or even an Australian trip for that price, diving the old-fashioned way with gear I already own.

In any case, I'm hoping Aquatic Sports will have a demo model and let me play with it in their pool sometime. My impression is rebreathers are the wave of the future, especially as they become more mainstream and prices start to fall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom