Truth or Fiction?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Getting your head bitten off would qualify as a lot more than "a bad day diving".

If and when I ever have a "good day at work" I will let you know.

More people in the US are killed by deer than any other animal, including sharks. (Deer don't bring assault rifles to work, but they tend to impale people when they crash through windshields.)

All things considered I rather be in Cozumel / Key Largo / etc. but I gotta pay for all the trips somehow! As they say: "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go!"

Wristshot

Cliché Magician

My condolences to the family...The best thing to say would be he died very quickly..personally when I go...I want it to be quick...none of this lingering poop!

boomx5:
Unless your the one who ends up getting eatin by a shark...I would call that a bad day diving.

I wouldn't want to be killed by a shark, but it happens so very rarely - 5 times a year world wide, almost never to a Scuba diver, that I am safer diving in an ocean with Great Whites than I am:
Greeting my regular customers at work;
Putting coins in a vending machine;
Climbing in and out of the tub every day;
Eating a steak;
and so forth thru 1000s of examples.

Shark deaths to Scuba Dives are virtually impossible. More likely to be shot by your oldest relative. :eyebrow:

I posted this stat once before, I really enjoy it, so here it is again;

In the year 2000, 15 people were killed by sharks.

In the year 2000, 150 people were killed by falling coconuts.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom