Truk Lagoon with a difference

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I do believe you said I blatantly flogged Blue lagoon, my comment was "but given I have not dived Truk Stop I cannot say which is best." If that's flogging a dive centre I will bare my behind in Bourke Street.

You obviously have a high regard for Truk Stop, great, I have no issue with that or anyone saying how great they found their dive centre or how bad they found it, my only request was to be objective, the implication from your post was that it was the best.

I personally cant comment as I have not used Truk Stop, however your post implied that it was the best, that can only be a fair comparison if you have used any other local site, surely? If you have not used Blue Lagoon how can you say Truk Stop is best?

I relation to your comment about being paid, I simply asked the question, not accused you, a simple no would suffice to demonstrate you were not.

I do find it offensive for Blue Lagoon that you suggest because I made a comment not to your liking, you then make the comment "I do not know if Blue Lagoon is really that bad now, that it required defenders of your type to spew on people like me". So anyone who makes adverse comment about your post stands to be attacked? I am not defending Blue lagoon as such, if there were three centres there I would have done the same. I am defending a request to be fair and objective, nothing more. To do so is in the best interests of all the dive centres as well as those who read the posts here.

I simply commented on not slanting your post in a manner that implies that Truk Stop is the best if you have never been to the opposition, and that was done simply in fairness to those in the industry at Truk. If you had of said you had been to all th other dive centres there I would have stood corrected.

I asked the same question over a period of 5 days and got no response hence my expanded post, I didn't expect you to respond 3 seconds after I posted, but after 5 days I felt it necessary to show why I asked the question.

I too have no interest in taking this any further as its a waste of time and space, others can make up their own mind.

I agree to disagree with your post. You obviously disagree with mine!

Lol, yes I see the funny side too.

Stupid bloody Aussies! :wink:

I do believe you said I blatantly flogged Blue lagoon, my comment was "but given I have not dived Truk Stop I cannot say which is best."
No, man. You do not understand. I was not intended to mean or compare. You did. I did not mean Blue Lagoon and not intended. But you started to compare, where it is not required. As a result, want it or not - you are defending Blue Lagoon when no one intended to blame them. The question is - why? (rhetoric).

My post is posted in tek trip report and was addressed to teks. In my post I highlighted the key points which are important for returning tek diver. The obvious thing - those key points are not important for you, because you are what? Correct.

I have no issue with that or anyone saying how great they found their dive centre or how bad they found it
Really? Lol. Why you started throwing **** on propeller, then?

I personally cant comment as I have not used Truk Stop
Peter ... you commented enough without arguments, which are valuable for tek. All your arguments are about "offensive". Seriously, man, when you will become tek, and you try to use Blue Lagoon for tek, you will find the difference. Trust me for now, you can confirm yourself later. B.Lagoon is OK, but it is not tek DC now. I already said you why, and I can repeat - they do not have tek blender, they do not maintain clean filling station, they do not have tek guide with correct wreck penetration skills. Finally, they are not certified tek facility of any organisation.

My personal IMHO - I would not risk diving with the guide from B.Lagoon to tek dive. Have you seen their setup on tek dive? Jeeeees, I am nor DIR, but **** me, I better stay ashore them jump into water with the guide in that setup.

So anyone who makes adverse comment about your post stands to be attacked?
Bull****. Try to speak for yourself and do not try to read through my mind, the result is not nearly good enough.

I am not defending Blue lagoon as such
Really? It sounds like you do :) Still guessing why. Never mind. You can continue.

I simply commented on not slanting your post in a manner that implies that Truk Stop is the best
I am not responsible that you can not interpret correctly what you reading, Peter. Once again - I highlighted the values of Truk Stop for tek diver. All the rest are you fantasies, realise it.

If you had of said you had been to all th other dive centres there I would have stood corrected.
I am not going to report you every day for my seven visits to Truk for last six years and every dollar I spent with every DC. What I am saying - there is more value for tek diver to spend his time in Truk Stop. By all means valued for teks.

I asked the same question over a period of 5 days and got no response hence my expanded post, I didn't expect you to respond 3 seconds after I posted, but after 5 days I felt it necessary to show why I asked the question.
Seriously, I do not care what you felt :). I have other things to do rather than monitor the forum.

I too have no interest in taking this any further as its a waste of time and space, others can make up their own mind.
Good. Stop performing a clown than and make yourself less useless. I.e. write your own report, compare (in prices, numbers, certification) the tek difference between Truk Stop and any other lagoon DC.

Lets just agree to disagree and leave it there.

I cannot speak for the land based dive operators as I just got back from 2 weeks on the Thorfinn but would like to make it clear out there that 68 dives in 2 weeks is a great vacation by any ones standards, these guys operate a great safety programme , the dive guides can be trusted 100 % and I will recommend them to anyone who wants to eat sleep and dive.
I do know the land based guys offer great diving but for me 5 different wrecks a day was the way to go.

I cannot speak for the land based dive operators as I just got back from 2 weeks on the Thorfinn but would like to make it clear out there that 68 dives in 2 weeks is a great vacation by any ones standards, these guys operate a great safety programme , the dive guides can be trusted 100 % and I will recommend them to anyone who wants to eat sleep and dive.
I do know the land based guys offer great diving but for me 5 different wrecks a day was the way to go.

Did you dive the Oit ?

I... would like to make it clear out there that 68 dives in 2 weeks is a great vacation by any ones standards, these guys operate a great safety programme , the dive guides can be trusted 100 % and I will recommend them to anyone who wants to eat sleep and dive.

Either you were barely skimming the tops of the wrecks... or you were pushing your luck. Doing 5 different wrecks a day, you can't have seen much of any one wreck in particular no matter your profiles. As for trusting guides "100%" well... we'll just leave that one alone.

I can honestly say that being under water for between 4 and 5 hrs a day was why I went there and felt extremely safe especially with the NITROX programme offered for free! I will not argue on this forum but simply reply that I felt I was given two, safe really enjoyable weeks, I did not dive the oite but chose to do the Fumitsuki instead but was offered the oite.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom