TRUK & BIKINI REPORT - PART 5, Subsection C: Saratoga

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

just been snowed under at work - digging flower beds, playing with the children, building an enormous playgroundy fort thing with swings etc . I will attempt to do it this wek, if not the start of next week....

Tavi once bubbled...
The more I read........and the more pics I see........

The more I want to go!!!:loopy: :bonk:

Follow the link in my sig, and find out how you CAN !!!

Outstanding report and photos
Really makes me wish I were there.......but most the of reports and photos have that effect on me.

I would always rather be diving.

deepstops once bubbled...
Question: Have you dove the Kowloon Bridge and if so, how does the Sara compare size wise?

Did the Kowloon Bridge couple of years back, which is breath taking, especially the bow section which is a massive wall of different coloured anemones.

Doing Sara in November organised through Scuba Jim, so will let you know how it compares, hoping Sara will be better, and my photos just as good!

PS. If you ever go to Baltimore, Southern Island do Fast Net, and U260 aswell as Kowloon, they are also suberb dives.

Rich

Didn't know you were on here!

Anyway, for those of you who have been waiting patiently, I PROMISE to have the Nagato bit on the board this week. Sorry it has been taking so long. Just been busy....

TTFN

Scuba Jim once bubbled...
Didn't know you were on here!

Anyway, for those of you who have been waiting patiently, I PROMISE to have the Nagato bit on the board this week. Sorry it has been taking so long. Just been busy....

TTFN

Aye, come by every now and again, it's starting to get regular.

Spent my whole lunch hour reading your reports, excellent!

Looking for recommendations on diving operators in Ohahu for the stop over on the way back, got a few names from these pages.

Rich

it is important to be regular. Or so my nutritionist keeps telling me! :wink:

Wouldn't know about the Ohau dive operators, but you will get good answers from here....

rlockett once bubbled...

Did the Kowloon Bridge couple of years back, which is breath taking, especially the bow section which is a massive wall of different coloured anemones.

PS. If you ever go to Baltimore, Southern Island do Fast Net, and U260 aswell as Kowloon, they are also suberb dives.

Rich

Hi rlockett...

If anyone is seriously considering the Kowloon Bridge, better do it soon. We dived there last year and the superstructure has huge cracks right the way through it, as it starts to break up. But the scale of the wreck is still breathtaking...watch out for some vicious currents, though.

Fastnet is stunning...among the best dives I have done. But, again, the water around the lighthouse is deep and tidal flows are erratic The day we did it, it was absolutely flat, but it can be very dangerous, so use an experienced operator.

I haven't dived the Glandore Sub (U260), though other club members have...they recommend it, but only with an extremely good dive operator. First time out, they missed it. There is a small window between tides, and the first operator they used dropped them in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Use Gerry and Rian Doyle in Baltimore. They are experts, also for the Glandore Sub and all the other sites off Baltimore. Their website is Aquaventures.

Hi SJ...still waiting for the next instalment.

Happy Diving all.

:eek:ut:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom