Trouble Reaching Manifold with Bare XCD2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverryan

Contributor
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had troubles reaching their left/right posts or isolator when wearing this suit. How did you fix it?

Do you have any trouble reaching the valves without the drysuit? Is it a "stock" size or a custom build?

When you submerge the suit compresses to you how in the position you are at when you submerge. You may want to try stretching right as you submerge or just once try to submerge in your suit while touching your valves. I am assuming you can reach them when you put your suit on, just not while in the water.

Brent

diverryan:
I was wondering if anyone had troubles reaching their left/right posts or isolator when wearing this suit. How did you fix it?

diverryan:

When I first tried my new drysuit. I had trouble bending enough to put my fins on after getting out past the surf. It turned out to be suit squeeze. Now I make sure I have plenty of air in the suit and I can reach my feet now. Maybe if you did something as simple as dump air from the BC (and of course added the same ait to the suit) you could move better. Or possable add more weight to your belt which would allow you to add more air in the suit. I ind the suit less restrictive with more air inside.

I've found that my Bare HD suit is made of such thick trilam (It is as thick as DUI's crushed neoprene) that any squeez at all restricts mobility.

But I'm new to this too. I'm still trying to find my ideal weight and trim

ChrisA:
When I first tried my new drysuit. I had trouble bending enough to put my fins on after getting out past the surf. It turned out to be suit squeeze. Now I make sure I have plenty of air in the suit and I can reach my feet now. Maybe if you did something as simple as dump air from the BC (and of course added the same ait to the suit) you could move better. Or possable add more weight to your belt which would allow you to add more air in the suit. I ind the suit less restrictive with more air inside.

I've found that my Bare HD suit is made of such thick trilam (It is as thick as DUI's crushed neoprene) that any squeez at all restricts mobility.

But I'm new to this too. I'm still trying to find my ideal weight and trim

Were you referring to their trilam suit or the xcd2 suit (neoprene one)? Thanks.

I've done only 2 doubles dives in my XCD2 "Tech" and I had no trouble reaching the valves.

When diving a single tank it's a bit difficult, but that's caused more by the position of the single tank on top of the b/p ridge and subsequently being moved farther away from the back.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom