Trouble getting Atom to connect with transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fq1234

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
I recently purchased an Atom (the original) with the hoseless transmitter. I have gone through all the settings but can not get it to link with the DC.

I have the transmitter connected to the HP port with battery installed correctly. I have tried 3 different batteries. The tank is turned on.

I went through all of the settings. The receiver is ON. I believe the transmitter serial number is correct. On the side of the transmitter there is a 6 digit number followed by a 3 digit number. I'm using the first 6 digit number.

The transmitter icon does not appear on the watch in any mode.

When performing a battery check it says that transmitter 1 is not available. I have tried placing the watch at varying distances and angles to the transmitter.

Does the watch need to be in "Wet mode"? I wouldn't think so or you wouldn't be able to check the pressure out of the water before your dive.

Any ideas? I have read through the manual several times and can't find anything in there that helps.

All and any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

The Tank does have to be open to activate the transmitter, but you said it was. Go into "dive mode" on the Atom (do NOT have to be "wet"), then cycle through the user settings. Make sure that the transmitter SN is correct, and that TMT1 is set for "on". Good luck.

Divingguy:
The Tank does have to be open to activate the transmitter, but you said it was. Go into "dive mode" on the Atom (do NOT have to be "wet"), then cycle through the user settings. Make sure that the transmitter SN is correct, and that TMT1 is set for "on". Good luck.

Thanks. All of that is a check. I even tried setting it as TMT2 but that didn't work either.

When I go diving with it, it says "Link Lost".

I guess I'm going to have to try and send it back to Oceanic.

Bummer. My next suggestion would be to take it back to the vendor, and get them to let you try a different transmitter with the same watch. It may just be a bad transmitter.

I contacted Oceanic. I'm doing everything right. They said its probably a problem with the reciever or transmitter. I'm betting on the transmitter. I guess I'll have to send it in.

Thanks for the suggestions.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom