Trouble focusing vision after some dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Expecting a call from the doctor tomorrow to go over all this. He was thinking fistula so curious what these results will indicate.

Thanks for the update, keep us posted. A fistula can be very difficult to diagnose, not really a perfect test for it. Sometimes it requires surgical exploration to diagnose, and even then the leak can be subtle...

Update

Met with a DAN recommended ent today.

Went through another audiogram, no delta between this and the previous one so no hearing issues.

They put me through a series of balance test such as tracking moving objects on a screen, tilting my head to the side and also applying hot air to each ear to induce dizziness. That all came back as normal as well.

Expecting a call from the doctor tomorrow to go over all this. He was thinking fistula so curious what these results will indicate.

Interesting, thanks for the update. Did the ENT give any indication as to the possible cause of the vision issues?

Best regards,
DDM

In terms of vision nothing yet. Will be something to discuss on the call.

Update:

The doctor thinks nothing is wrong with me. As Doctor Mike points out if it is a fistula that's going to be hard to diagnose. We ended up discussing me going to an eye doctor and seeing if they have any input.

I did some super shallow diving in a pool yesterday, 7ft max depth and no issues there. I'll press on carefully and see what happens.

Fortunately since I am now a patient with this doctor I can get in much quicker if these issues pop up again. Since an exploratory surgery is not high on my bucket list I am ok with this approach for now. The only other option I see at this point point is to go and get a second opinion but it's doubtful I can get one before I head down to Florida.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom