Tropical's in Beach 8th Street- Queens New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

marcienko

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
As same as last year we have some tropical’s Butterfly’s in Queens – New York .Pictures taken last Sunday. Unfortunately was no sun and very poor visibility, so the pictures are not the beast but still would like to share. Hope to get some better shots next time.
Also those little guys are so hard to photograph since they are less than half inch and move so quickly that is really hard to keep up.

For more pictures please visit my site : http://www.marcienko.com/marcienko/Gelleries/Buterflly_fish/index.html

Regards

Marcin

Attachments

• IMG_0020.JPG
    IMG_0020.JPG
    159.6 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0023.JPG
    IMG_0023.JPG
    180.9 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0025.JPG
    IMG_0025.JPG
    147.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0027.JPG
    IMG_0027.JPG
    153.6 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_0028.JPG
    IMG_0028.JPG
    179.9 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    152.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0038.JPG
    IMG_0038.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0040.JPG
    IMG_0040.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 36
Cool stuff, Marcin. Didn't know Queens was in the Tropics!

They came out very nice

Amazing that these tropical fish are in that area.

Yeah, they are really out in force this year. Last weekend I also saw some juvie damsel fish as well as more than 20 of the butterfly fish of all types. BTW, those shots are pretty darn good considering those little guys move around so much!

Haven't seen the Lion Fish that were out in force last summer though. Saw 3 on one dive last summer at Beach 8th.

I am considering converting my fresh water tank to salt water in an effort to save some of these little guys, lol. I have some research to do first though.

scubadobadoo:
Yeah, they are really out in force this year. Last weekend I also saw some juvie damsel fish as well as more than 20 of the butterfly fish of all types. BTW, those shots are pretty darn good considering those little guys move around so much!

Haven't seen the Lion Fish that were out in force last summer though. Saw 3 on one dive last summer at Beach 8th.

I am considering converting my fresh water tank to salt water in an effort to save some of these little guys, lol. I have some research to do first though.

check out manhattanreefs.com if you are looking for saltwater aquarium info and advice in the NYC area. I'm a member there, username zahner as well. If you manage to catch any, I bet there would be interest. Probably some divers would be interested in a collection trip.

zahner:
check out manhattanreefs.com if you are looking for saltwater aquarium info and advice in the NYC area. I'm a member there, username zahner as well. If you manage to catch any, I bet there would be interest. Probably some divers would be interested in a collection trip.

Thanks. Thinking FO...no coral.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom