Trip to the Philippines June 21-30

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Foxwolf

New
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
The folks at my local dive shop, Tahoe Dive Center, are trying to put a trip together to the Philippines. We were looking to get at least 10 people from our local area to sign so we could get a better deal on airfare and we were almost at that number. Unfortunately, a family of 4 just canceled last minute, and we are now down to only 5 people going. So needless to say we have 15 open slots and I figured this would be a good opportunity to expand our circle of dive friends and meet new people.

The Short:
Dive Trip To:

Philippines Atlantis Resort, Puerta Galera,

Resort Promo Video here: (Atlantis Dive Resorts.mpg - YouTube)

When:

June 21-30, 2012

What you get:

Airfare from San Francisco
all-inclusive land based dive resort (soda & alcohol not included, but cheap)

The Long:

Thanks for your interest in our Puerta Galera trip to the Atlantis Resort. The trip package is an all inclusive vacation departing on June 21, 2011 and returning on June 30, 2011. The $2,950.00 price includes airfare from San Francisco airport, round trip to Manila and transfers by land and sea to the resort. The price includes three meals per day and snacks between diving plus juice, coffee, and purified water. Soda and alcohol are not included but both are very reasonably priced and available at the resort and in local shops in the Puerto Galera / Sabang area.
The diving is great, warm water (mid 70's to mid 80s), great visibly, drift, wreck, deep, and technical so we can accommodate just about every experience level with fantastic dive sites on this trip. The reefs are healthy with tons of biodiversity. If you have not been into the South Pacific / Asia area the soft coral and sea life is amazing. You will not have to do a lot of gear lugging either. After a check out dive with the resort they will cater to your every diving need with regard to your equipment. They will set up, break down, and rinse your kit for you every day. You will only have to rinse your wetsuit, mask, fins and camera if you have one. If you don't travel with all your own gear they have high end rental equipment available. Rental equipment is not included in the trip price.
Resort accommodations are included as double occupancy. If you are not traveling with a companion we will try to team you up with another single traveler who is traveling single. Currently we don't have any singles signed up but we anticipate at least one of our divemasters will be going as a single. If you want a single room with single occupancy let me know I will have to get a price adjustment on that and let you know what that would be. Also if you have a non-diver companion who may be interested we have a non-diver rate for the trip which is $2,650.00. If you know a non-diver who is interested we will make them a diver super cheap (pm me for details) and if they don't want to dive there are excursions (zip line, jungle tour, spa, and other stuff) that can be arranged through the resort which are not included in the price.
The price also includes unlimited diving with up to 5 boat dives per day. If you have ever done a live aboard, like the aggressor fleet, Atlantis Resort Philippines is the same experience without the boat. Diving begins at 9:00 a.m, which we really like. Some resorts we have been to want you at the boat as early as between 7:00 and 8:00 am. We like the 9:00 a.m. start because you have time for a nice breakfast and don't feel rushed in the morning. Each dive is a single tank dive from a boat that returns to the resort for surface interval and a snack. The diving schedule is 9:00 a.m., 11:00 a.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m. and a daily night dive at 6:00 p.m. Meals are worked into the diving schedule so you don't have to miss any diving and don’t feel rushed about eating. Also, if you don't want to "ironman" dive and feel like sleeping in or skipping a dive it is no big deal. The dive boats leave on the schedule above you just go on the next dive based on when you want to get wet.
There is a tax, about $30.00 U.S., that is required at the airport upon departure from Manila. This tax is not included in the package. Nitrox is not included; however, I highly recommend diving Nitrox on this trip as many of the dives are in the ideal depth range for 32% which is available for an additional single cost of 120.00 U.S. for all your dives during the week. If you are not Nitrox certified we will be offering a Nitrox class at a discounted rate before we go. If you are interested in any specialty training we will be offering some specialty certifications on the trip also at a discounted rate. A day trip to Verde Island will most likely be offered at an additional cost of approximately $75.00 U.S. This is a three tank trip to a remote location on a nearby island. The day trip includes lunch at the island, two dives that are usually on an awesome pinnacle and the third tank is reserved for a high speed drift dive at a site called Washing Machine. The Washing Machine drift dive is a fun ride.
You will be responsible for getting from where you are to our departure point at San Francisco International Airport on our travel day. If you are in the Reno area I am sure that carpooling with other travelers on the trip will be an option to save some bucks there. Travel to San Francisco is not included in the package price. Also, some of us will be staying in San Francisco the day we return at a hotel near the airport. This is not included and costs about $150.00 but it is a bed and breakfast that includes a breakfast and we can park our cars there for the week free with a booked room. This works out to be a good deal because you will be in the hole nearly that amount if you park at the airport for the week anyway.
To reserve a spot on the trip a deposit of $250.00 needs to be made at Tahoe Dive Center as soon as possible. We have 15 spaces still available. Full payment will be required 60 days before travel so we can get tickets issued, assign rooms with the resort and verify travel documents.

I went to both resorts in October. It's an excellent trip!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom