Trip to Okinawa in a few weeks...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

glashoppah

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
... got a great recommendation on these boards when I took my first dive trip to Hawaii, looking for same in Okinawa. I'll be at the Beach Tower in the American Village, south of Kadena AFB in Chatan Town. I saw a number of scuba providers around there, but none of them seemed to speak English and I don't speak Japanese.

I'd not only love a recommendation for a dive provider, but also what I should not miss in the water.

Thanks for your time and suggestions,

G.

The Beach Tower is just about 2 minutes from our new shop. When you going to be in town. Got great dives out in the Keramas and the area around Onna is also quite good. How long you going to be in town for?

The Beach Tower is just about 2 minutes from our new shop. When you going to be in town. Got great dives out in the Keramas and the area around Onna is also quite good. How long you going to be in town for?

I'll be there for two weeks starting May 1st, but my only available dive time will be the weekend of the 8th.

What is the water temp out there this time of year?

G.

22.8C on a dive day before yesterday. The weekend of the 8th is fine how many days and dives do you want to do?

22.8C on a dive day before yesterday. The weekend of the 8th is fine how many days and dives do you want to do?

Ideally, both days and as many as I can fit in. :)

Do you have large-capacity tanks (100cf or more)? And are your fittings "normal" or DIN?

G.

We have got 80's with provalves so we can go yoke or DIN. I needed I can grab a couple of 14liter tanks (yoke only)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom