Trip to Cabo Pulmo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rossi777

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am considering a family vacation to Cabo Pulmo. I dive, but my wife and son (he's only 4) do not. It sounds like a relatively isolated small town with good diving. It also sounds like the local beach has good snorkling (my wife and son would enjoy that). If my impressions are wrong, let me know. If anyone has recommendations about where to stay or which dive shop to use, I would appreciate the info. Thanks.

We were only in Cabo Pulmo for a day trip from Cabo, but I'm not sure there's enough there for a non-diver or a young child. Why not look into Loreto or La Paz instead? I haven't been to either yet (trip planned for Loreto in July) but from what I've seen, you might do better there. Maybe other have more insight on these options.

rossi777:
I am considering a family vacation to Cabo Pulmo. I dive, but my wife and son (he's only 4) do not. It sounds like a relatively isolated small town with good diving. It also sounds like the local beach has good snorkling (my wife and son would enjoy that). If my impressions are wrong, let me know. If anyone has recommendations about where to stay or which dive shop to use, I would appreciate the info. Thanks.
Like NEN, I have only been there for a day trip. We went snorkeling with the Cabo Pulmo Beach Resort dive resort. That was last December and the wind was fairly fierce. Water was also a bit cold. My son and I (divers) and my wife and his girlfirend (snorkelers) are headed down early in July to see what it is like in warmer times. My guess is that your wife and son will enjoy the beach, but take lots of books. The night life looks a little scarce and power is via solar cells, so going to be early may be indicated.
The folks at the Beach Resort seem nice and the dive shop has the basics. Boats are not much more than open boats with outboards.
Pepe's dive shop is across the street and has a good web site. I have met others who have spent some time there and thought it was great. I guess it depends on how much adventure you and your family are up for.

Thanks for the responses. I guess the issue is whether there is enought to do to keep everybody entertained for a week. I think I want to find out. Playing on the beach and in the ocean for a week sounds good to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom