Trip to Bali

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Komodo diving can be advanced diving - there are some crazy currents there, and conditions can change very rapidly, even on the same dive. In my opinion, this is not the place to get yourself back into diving.

Bali has lots of great diving to offer - we really like the area around Tulamben - if you are looking for budget pricing, Scuba Seraya may be too pricey (although I believe it is great value for the money - e.mail them from their website for a package price). If that is too spendy, there are other more basic lodgings in the area, and you could shore dive some of the best sites (Liberty Wreck, Seraya Secrets, etc)

I think you will be hard pressed to find a land-based dive op in Komodo. The only place we saw in a one week navigation through the area were some modest accomodations in the Komodo National Park, which I think are more geared to naturalists wanting to see the dragons. I do not know if they have a local dive op that can take you out - did not see evidence of one when we were there. You can also stay on Flores and pick up day charters from there out to Komodo waters, but some of the better sites are pretty distant for day boats.

I hope this helps,

Judy

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom