Trip to Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hairspray is more likely to cause an extra inspection than a dive knife. A knife is harmless in the cargo hold, but liquids may not be. I was just trying to picture how many people on these trips carry knives and I have to say very few as I recall. All the employees and one or two others maybe, not that I think you shouldn't bring the knife just my observation. I hate packing so I go as light as possible myself.

ScubaNorth:
Hairspray is more likely to cause an extra inspection than a dive knife. A knife is harmless in the cargo hold, but liquids may not be. I was just trying to picture how many people on these trips carry knives and I have to say very few as I recall. All the employees and one or two others maybe, not that I think you shouldn't bring the knife just my observation. I hate packing so I go as light as possible myself.
I have shears in my BC pocket, and I've never had problems traveling with them.
C-Dawg

Thanks for the offer for the Shorty Scuba North, but the shark dive I'm doing requires a full wet suit. As for the knife I'm just going to bring my small one so that won't be a problem in checked luggage.

Man I can't WAIT to go...frig this 20 degree weather!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom