TRIP REPORT - Wakatobi Dive Resort - September 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JudyG

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I have cranked out a big ol' fashioned trip report from a great group trip to Wakatobi in September. It's long, with lots of info about resort and diving, and many images.

For ease of formatting, I have hosted it on my personal (not for profit) website.

I hope it is helpful to others thinking of going. Comments and/or questions are very welcome.

Wakatobi, Indonesia - Trip Report

Judy G

Excellent Trip Report!

Nice pictures.

Thanks for sharing.

What a wonderful Trip Report! Wakatobi has always felt a little *out of reach* from both a distance and a cost perspective, but you make me think it would be totally worth it. Beautiful pics too.

I truly enjoyed the report. This place has been on my bucket list for a couple of years. I am jealous. I hope to make it there someday, maybe sooner rather than later. Thanks!

Great report. Love your writing.
I have to agree that I too have become "a bit of a muck hound"! :wink:
All the gorgeous coral, is ... well gorgoeus, but it can become a little same same. It's good to have a bit of a ballance.
Did you see any bigger palagics (other than the big baracuda)?

Really enjoyed reading your report as much as looking at your photos.

One thing keeps me away from Wakatobi though (I mean apart from the insane resort price, there are alternatives for diving the area but never considered the Wakatobi option), I am always stunned in the photos by the absence of fish that shoul be surrounding the coral patches in Indonesian spots like Komodo, Raja Ampat, Nusa Penida, Bangka or Maluku. Is it only an impression I have or did you also notice this similarly?

Back
Top Bottom