Trip Report W/ Pics: Hydro Atlantic Wreck - Pompano Beach, Florida

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice Writeup! Thanks for posting it.

I didn't bring a camera this trip, but in October when Brian, Dave, and I did the Hydro, I did bring a camera. Here's a few of those pics (if you don't mind my sharing)

hydro_deck.jpg

deepstops-hydro.jpg

h20skier.jpg

hydro2.jpg

bp-hydro3.jpg

I'm glad someone dropped out of going so that I could go. :)

Those are some very nice pictures Howard. I especially like your shots inside the wreck, because I tend to spend my time shooting pics outside and don't see too many pics of the inside of wrecks.

Thanks for sharing!

Very nice!
Beautiful pictures.
Thanks for sharing the experience.

Now.....if someone would just give me the numbers, I can hit it from my kayak this weekend.
What could go wrong?

Chug
Actually has sense.

I did the Hydro back in 95 and it's great to see how much life is now on it.
Great photos thanks for sharing them.

Those are some very nice pictures Howard. I especially like your shots inside the wreck, because I tend to spend my time shooting pics outside and don't see too many pics of the inside of wrecks.

Thanks for sharing!

Glad you enjoyed them. :)

How did Tony join you guys? I was just with him in Grand Cayman at Innerspace until Saturday. I guess he jumped off the plane in Ft. Lauderdale and drove up to Pompano!

Great write-up and photos, Adrian.

Doug

How did Tony join you guys? I was just with him in Grand Cayman at Innerspace until Saturday. I guess he jumped off the plane in Ft. Lauderdale and drove up to Pompano!

Great write-up and photos, Adrian.

Doug

It actually did go something like that. A few of us local divers had a social get together on Saturday evening, and Tony's girlfriend literally picked him up at the airport in Miami and drove him straight to the event. Consequently, we all got the opportunity to see the Innerspace DVD that evening. Then we went diving the next day.

It looks like you all had a great week of diving. I'm hoping to join the group next year.

Btw, I saw the pics you posted, and as usual, they were fantastic - nice job!

Adrian

Thanks for the kind words. Looking forward to next year's event already. Hope to see you there -- if not sooner for a dive together in South Florida.

Doug

Nice pics guys. Nice report, thanks. I did the Hydro twice a couple years ago, and you brought back happy memories. Both dives had interesting deco - one was a drifting deco and the other on the line. The first one was a full charter and a couple of divers were having some real issues maintaining depth while drifting (one did a 50' bop up before regaining control and coming back down, and couldn't manage to shoot her bag). Then a CCR diver must have forgotten to set his set point at depth and had to deco an extra 40 mins while we stared down at him from the boat. On the other dive it was just a couple of spear fishermen and me in a small boat, and a nice bull circled us for the final 20 mins of deco.

Your great pics (especially Howard's inside shots) have me sceeming how to get back. :eyebrow:

Thanks!

Great report,thnx

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom