Suggestion Trip Report Section?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
T

TheDavil

Contributor
Reaction score
What are the chances of getting a dedicated Trip Report section? I've found a few trip reports here and there in the regional sections, but it would be much easier if they were in their own section.

I'm not able to dive as much as I'd like, so I love diving vicariously through others...

Any help?
David

From a user flow perspective it makes far more sense for trip reports to be posted in the forum they belong to (geographically) rather than a main forum which would disconnect them from their local community.

Hmmmm...How about sub-forums in the geographies just for trip reports? That way, folks that want to read trip reports on, say, Egypt could just go to the Egypt trip reports forum and not have to slog through pages of 'Is anyone diving at xxxx on tuesday' and 'where should I stay when I'm at xxxx' posts in the main Egypt forum....(just using Egypt as an example. I don't really know if anyone's diving in Egypt on Tuesday :D )

David

TheDavil:
Hmmmm...How about sub-forums in the geographies just for trip reports? That way, folks that want to read trip reports on, say, Egypt could just go to the Egypt trip reports forum and not have to slog through pages of 'Is anyone diving at xxxx on tuesday' and 'where should I stay when I'm at xxxx' posts in the main Egypt forum....(just using Egypt as an example. I don't really know if anyone's diving in Egypt on Tuesday :D )

David

Sounds like a very good idea to me

TheDavil:

David

If any forum has enough volume of trip reports to necessitate that, sure, but if there is only a few trip reports per week it just doesn't make sense. Ultimately adding more forums ends up more cluttered and causes more confusion than less.

Back
Top Bottom