Trip Report Trip Report-Philippines-Puerto Galera-El Galleon/Asia Divers-April 1-14, 2019

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please share your travel agent info. Thank you!

Please disregard. I see you used Bluewater.

Thanks for the pictures. A lot of nudies!
Will make a short video when I'm back beginning of June.

P.S: just ordered an Xdeep Ghost Deluxe too. It will be my first time using it (and using a BP/W) during this trip to PG.
Hope it won't take long to feel comfortable enough with it...

Thanks for the pictures. A lot of nudies!
Will make a short video when I'm back beginning of June.

P.S: just ordered an Xdeep Ghost Deluxe too. It will be my first time using it (and using a BP/W) during this trip to PG.
Hope it won't take long to feel comfortable enough with it...
I think you will love it and if you have been using a more traditional jacket style BC, then plan on dropping some lead- you will be much less buoyant with the Xdeep.

By the way.... all of the Filipino food I had in PG was EXCELLENT.... especially at El Galleon and next door at I think now called Blue Lagoon.
Fresh, flavorful, delicious, and unique. I was so impressed.

PS: I live between SF and NY and used to live in Bangkok and Tokyo and know good food!!! It was actually really wonderful!!! I tried the whole local menu at Galleon.

How was Bhutan and East Timor?
Bhutan was amazing, but a lot of work and expense to get to.
East Timor-- didn't happen and I forgot to separate it as an independent country (my bad!) I lumped it together with the rest of Indonesia-- so, officially 3 countries not visited and probably won't get to.

Also I haven't been to Macau- just for the record. And, I was in Hong Kong when it was British, so not sure if I have really been to Hong Kong?, but I do remember crossing the border into Canton from Hong Kong back in 1985.

My favorite Asian country is Burma or Myanmar (depending on your timeframe and perspective) -- fortunately, I was privileged to visit both of them and it will always be Burma to me.. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom