Trip Report Part 1 - PG, Anilao, Coron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yes thats an FX. sorry I got your itiniary backwards. anyway I agree that $90/50 might be high, especially from a resort. im not familiar with your Club Ocellaris but maybe you can check AQV, reef and get some comparison

We are going to PD not Club Ocellaris, where is AQV in respect to PD?
Any idea about ferry schedule for Batangas-Sabang?

whats PD ? re skedule from Batangas to Sanabg, the bancas pretty much leave every 30-minutes to one hour from batangas pier

AQV is long before Planet DIve

Yep, in fact on the main Anilao dive resorts stretch they couldn't be much further apart! Planet Dive is effectively the last dive resort you'll reach where as aquaventure is on of the first.

It's around 15-20 minutes travel distance in a tricycle but I wouldn't expect that to have any major effect on the transport costs?

You can sometimes get an Anilao banca to take you from Anilao directly to the beach in front of your resort in PG for around 3000-3500 one way - weather permitting and it should be in the morning before the afternoon winds kick in. It's a little more expensive, but for a group works our quite cheap and much more convenient as it's pretty much a door to door service. I'm not sure if this is as easy to arrange for the PG to Anilao trip though - it tends to be something the private banca owners in Anilao offer, where as in PG the boats are either very small or tied to PG resorts.

Not sure which way your itinerary is, but if you're in Anilao first it may be worth checking out this option and then getting the public ferry and bus back from PG to Manila.

Karl

Thanks Karl. Our time in this area is very limited so we`re trying to maximise it, plan is to leave Anilao for PG after lunch in order to "squeeze" a dive or two before. For the direct boat ride we were quoated more then double what you mentioned.
On the return trip we have to make it in time for the early aftrnoon flight out to Puerto Princesa, SI-KAT will not work for us as it arrives in Ermita at a time we should already be checking-in. I guess the best thing would be to either book a transfer with the resort or get on the ferry to Batangas and get a pre-arranged taxi or a van from the pier to the airport.

Okay, so I figure 25 degrees celsius is about 77 degrees fahrenheit. I could see where that might be a bit chilly--especially if you are doing a lot of diving. Were you wearing a 3 or 5 wetsuit? Do you think the weather altered your lacklustre opinion of the PG diving?

Those photos are gorgeous. My favorites are the clownfish (great composition) and the hairy batfish (you have to love something so ugly, don't you?) The shaded batfish doesn't even look real--it's almost like a painting. Fascinating.

yes thats an FX. sorry I got your itiniary backwards. anyway I agree that $90/50 might be high, especially from a resort. im not familiar with your Club Ocellaris but maybe you can check AQV, reef and get some comparison

I am the guy who is planning to go to PG first then to Anilao. So, an FX can do the job for 2 divers and their luggage for the transfer from the Batangas pier to Anilao but is generally cheaper than a van? It's better to negotiate with an FX driver regarding the transfer while we are in the Batangas pier on our way to PG?

yes, generaly although the difference might be minimal between and FX and a van. as I said when you are in Batangas Pier Passenger terminal , look for Ms Fe Calderon, she can assist you

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom