Trip Report Part 1 - PG, Anilao, Coron

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

suggest you look for the vans when you will arrive in batangas to go to PG. Although in theory you can take tricycle. its very long, maybe 15 kilometers or even 20. It can take as long as one hour in car due to traffic.

i recommedn asking around at Batangas Passenger terminal to the vans or FX that are there. Also you can look for terminal manager of ATI at Batangas pier, Ms Fe Calderon. Ask her assistance, she can assist you

This is very useful information. Any idea what's a reasonable fare for a van to take us from the Batangas Pier to a place like Club Ocellaris?

This is very useful information. Any idea what's a reasonable fare for a van to take us from the Batangas Pier to a place like Club Ocellaris?

Very useful indeed.
I was quoted $50 by a resort for this ride, while airport to resort was $90. Found it odd and too expensive.
Is tricycle big enough for 2 peole and their gear?

from Batangas Pier to Anilao resorts cost would be between 1,000-2,000 peso depending on vehicle, aircon or not etc etc , you can see the choices when you are at batangas pier going to PG. the vans and FX are located in front of the passenger terminal. there will be plenty of people approaching you offering assistance. just use your common sense. I would think 2k would be reasonable for an aircon van considering that, depending on what time of day, the trip can take one hour + and since the place is a little remote the vehicle will probaly go back empty to batangas

It depends on the size of the individuals and the amount of gear they are carrying.:idk:

As you can see in the photos below tricycles around Luzon are rather small - but many also have a luggage rack (see rear view of the tricycle in the second image). So it could be done. They should have some bungee chords to fasten things - but watch for the more expensive items in your kit...:shocked2:

-
Phil_tricycle.jpg

-
P4190621-1.JPG

Very useful indeed.
I was quoted $50 by a resort for this ride, while airport to resort was $90. Found it odd and too expensive.

Late last year, a resort charged $35 per person (there were 2 of us) for a car from the international airport in Manila to Anilao. A van will charge more. As the trip from the Batangas pier to Anilao is much shorter, the price should drop accordingly.

Late last year, a resort charged $35 per person (there were 2 of us) for a car from the international airport in Manila to Anilao. A van will charge more. As the trip from the Batangas pier to Anilao is much shorter, the price should drop accordingly.

My point exactly, $90 from NAIA sounds reasonable considering the distance, Manila`s traffic and so on, $50 for the 20 km ride from the pier to Anilao`s resort sounds over priced.

kwhkg-excuse my ignorance, but what is FX?

Broadreach-thanks for those photos. I doubt 2 full kits+2 other large luggage pieces would fit on the tricycle`s rack, if it would, with us in the back seats, the front wheel will probably be off the ground...

tricycles are only really suitable for 1 adult. To get to anilao the road is bumpy and there are some steep sections. With me & my dive gear the tricycle struggled to get up some hills!!!

ah ok sorry, FX is a local term for a 4 door Toyoto called a tamaraw. the newer version is Innove. In general ists used as a people mover seating anywhere from 4-8 people. its one step up from jeepney which is one step above tricycle.frankly i dont recommed taking a tricyle unless you really want a Lonely Planet expereince. Its a very long way and the terrain is very steep in certain areas. Although i dont think the conversion rate is quite $50 the rate would be about $30-40.00 on the high side of 2,000.00 peso and more than likely 1,500.00 would be ok. As I believe you will be going first to PG you will have to go from batangas pier where you will be able to see the various types of options available. keep in mind the resort pricing maybe different since they are also getting you as a guest wherein the guy from batangas pier would take you to the resort and go back empty. again depending on the time of day iut could be 1 and 1/2 hours

ah ok sorry, FX is a local term for a 4 door Toyoto called a tamaraw. the newer version is Innove. In general ists used as a people mover seating anywhere from 4-8 people. its one step up from jeepney which is one step above tricycle.frankly i dont recommed taking a tricyle unless you really want a Lonely Planet expereince. Its a very long way and the terrain is very steep in certain areas. Although i dont think the conversion rate is quite $50 the rate would be about $30-40.00 on the high side of 2,000.00 peso and more than likely 1,500.00 would be ok. As I believe you will be going first to PG you will have to go from batangas pier where you will be able to see the various types of options available. keep in mind the resort pricing maybe different since they are also getting you as a guest wherein the guy from batangas pier would take you to the resort and go back empty. again depending on the time of day iut could be 1 and 1/2 hours

We are going to Anilao from the airport, this was quoated $90 by the resort, next we`ll be going from Anilao to Sabang PG and were quoated $50 by that same resort for the ride to the pier.
Is this the FX? YouTube - Tamaraw FX Looks like the right vehicle for the terrain

yes thats an FX. sorry I got your itiniary backwards. anyway I agree that $90/50 might be high, especially from a resort. im not familiar with your Club Ocellaris but maybe you can check AQV, reef and get some comparison

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom