Trip Report - Matava Resort, Kadavu, Fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Do they have EANx? I didn't see it on their web site.

There's no nitrox but it didn't seem necessary for any of the dives. My deepest dive was to 72 feet, and most were at or above 60 feet. I still did four dives most days without any major loss of no deco time.

great report! I was there in Aug. Best dive trip I have ever had. The Mantas were outstanding! The Staff was the best. Did you have other guests there from Scuba Radio?

great report! I was there in Aug. Best dive trip I have ever had. The Mantas were outstanding! The Staff was the best. Did you have other guests there from Scuba Radio?

4 people from Scuba Radio were there - Greg, Pup "The Scuba Cowboy", and two mermaids.

what was the vis like???

I must admit that I'm a horrible judge of visibility in terms of distances; I can only tell qualitatively. It depended on the dive. The two shore dives starting from the left side of the island were good, the one that we started from the right side was not so good (the water actually looked murky). No clue as to why. Almost all the dives we did in the open ocean were about the same, and were very good. The two dives we did at a site called Eagle Rock (which is where we saw the 20+ sharks) were murky, but that's because the site is located in a passageway between the inside and outside reef.

Sounds like you had a great trip! I did Ono Island and the Astrolabe reef which is right next to Kadavu this year....unfortunately I'd rate the diving a notch above Hawaii....sounds like I picked the wrong spot around Kadavu.

Great trip report! And I am with you--hot tea and cookies sound like the most brilliant idea ever for after a dive in chillier-than-expected water.

I don't think any resort in the Fijian Islands does EANx. Maybe the liveaboards.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom