Trip report from Kasai Village Resort (Moalboal)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great report and images Erwin !!! Any opinions / advice on "must do" dive sites. Going there in Oct this year, any info would be appreciated.

Great report and images Erwin !!! Any opinions / advice on "must do" dive sites. Going there in Oct this year, any info would be appreciated.

All of the dive sites were good, and I would repeat any of them. The best were on Pescador Island, because those sites had the sardines, pretty shallow reefs, frogfish and other critters farther down, and a generally good assortment. I do not think that the sardines are always there, and I do not know the typical schedule they maintain. I thought that Talisay had a beautiful shallow reef, but the dive master did not like it as much because there were not as many interesting critters (e.g., ghost pipefish and similar). On the other hand, the situation was reversed for Copton Point, i.e., lots of critters, but not as lush a shallow reef. So it depends on what you want.

Hope this helps. Have fun. That should be easy.

-Erwin

Beautiful pictures! I love the 1st one (looks like a tornado! lol) and the box fish.

edpdiver,
Thanks for the report and the pictures. Nice shoals.

There are a number of good resorts in Anilao (Eagle Point and Acacia two). Check out the Anilao threads in this forum.

You might want to try the Dumaguete/Dauin area or Alona Beach, also.

Beautiful photos - both w/a & marco! Nice & crisp.

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

Bob, Dumaguete/Dauin is on my list for my next Philippines trip, and I have been to the Alona Beach area (it was great 2009 bohol philippines - a set on Flickr). I will check out Eagle Point and Acacia in Anilao, thanks.

Dive Centre Cebu, I am using a Nikon D200 in a Subal housing with either a Nikkor 60mm, or a Tokina 10-17mm wide angle zoom, and two Ikelite DS125 strobes.

-Erwin

Back
Top Bottom