Trip report: EPCOT The Seas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

After the time is up, the divemaster signals by banging on two rocks for us to make a diagonal ascent directly to the activity deck. The rest of the tour proceeds the same as the snorkeling tour, with dolphin research, hot shower, change, and meet outside the locker room. The additional step is that divers proceed to the classroom, where we get either a t-shirt or hat, and then the edited video is shown to us, and there is a chance to purchase if desired. Our video was mostly all footage from our dive, and where I saw the turtle body check me. There was also good footage of divers and their family/friends through the glass. So of course I bought it.
Then same release protocol as in Aqua Tours. If you had already been in Epcot, the magic band or ticket is scanned and you get back into the public area in the Seas. If not, then you are walked back to the front of the park and proceed from there.

Thanks for sharing all this detail it sounds like you had a great time

Thanks for the report. I've done the dive in the living sea at Epcot a couple of times. It's fun. If you want to try a similar, but far more spectacular dive (and more expensive) try the GA Aquarium.

Thnx for posting

We did this in April and a fantastic experence to dive with some unusual fish/sharks/rays. The turtle is very interested in YOU and comes to investigate. The 'residents' aren't timid and most will come to see you. Also remember that you are being watched by the audience and are now part of the display.
Yes it is expensive, but it's not your regular Sunday dive.
One of my biggest problems was convinving a teenage daughter and her animal rights on swimming with captive animals.

Dove Epcot again, this time with my daughter. It was a lot of fun for her, only us two and another diver who was originally supposed to dive Fort Lauderdale, but scrubbed because of Dorian.

Thank you for the informative report. It was also a very welcome distraction from the weather channel. However it may have also caused me to add another dive to my ever growing bucket list. Oh well, such are the trials of life...

The wetsuits run one size smaller. You will be overweighted. Fridays and Saturdays are the most popular. Shark teeth (little ones) can be found on the bottom near the most left restaurant window. The bottom is covered by shell fragments making the search harder. There are non obvious swim throughs that the dive guide will take smaller groups through.

Thanks for the write-ups! I have been wanting to do this for a long time, my local dive shop has organized trips there several wekends a year, but I think I will go on my own during a weekday.

After the time is up, the divemaster signals by banging on two rocks for us to make a diagonal ascent directly to the activity deck. The rest of the tour proceeds the same as the snorkeling tour, with dolphin research, hot shower, change, and meet outside the locker room. The additional step is that divers proceed to the classroom, where we get either a t-shirt or hat, and then the edited video is shown to us, and there is a chance to purchase if desired. Our video was mostly all footage from our dive, and where I saw the turtle body check me. There was also good footage of divers and their family/friends through the glass. So of course I bought it.
Then same release protocol as in Aqua Tours. If you had already been in Epcot, the magic band or ticket is scanned and you get back into the public area in the Seas. If not, then you are walked back to the front of the park and proceed from there.

So based on Jcp2’s report, which is very good, I decided to treat my wife and 12 year old son to a birthday present of the DiveQuest experience this past Saturday. Here is our quick impression of the experience.

First is a couple of potential downsides. It is an expensive dive, roughly $180 for the dive and another $125 for a day pass to the park. If you are not happy swimming around in a really huge fishbowl, then this dive is not for you.

Pre dive instruction was very professional as one would expect from a Disney product honed over the years. My wife noted that the regs did not breathe as easy as her own, but she is spoiled from using a well tuned higher end setup. One minor quibble that I saw was that the gauge consoles were not clipped off, but that is just my OCD acting up.

The upside. My son has about 60 dives in both fresh and saltwater and is a howling shark fanatic. Being able to swim along side of the sharks made this his “Best Dive Ever”. The small hammerhead was a big hit with him. One of the guides gave him a sand tiger tooth at the end of the dive, which I thought was a class act. Since he is also a bit of a ham, he enjoyed interacting with people on the dry side of the glass.

My wife was impressed with how well run the operation was run. She enjoyed see several types of fish she hadn’t seen before, notably the school of unicorn fish. The concentration of different sea life in a small area was great. “Being nose to nose with an eagle Ray was really cool”.

Bottom line is, for us, this experience was a home run. Would we do it again? Probably, maybe after a few years...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom