Trip Report (Detailed): Cabo San Lucas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

From Seattle and headed to Cabo in a few weeks, any reccomendations on good Dive operator for a one day, 2 tank dive? I am a newbie and this willl be my 2nd real dive after Open Water certification.

Thx in advance!

Thnx for the report, the old skin diver magazines review sure didnt sound like this lol

Hello from Cabo San Lucas.I am DeVore owner of Cabo Divers here in Cabo.We have been serving Divers here to Cabo for 14 years and have a perfict safty record.We are located the Tesoro Los Cabo Resort On the Marina Boardwalk local no. I-4.
We have a New Boat New Gear and a very Experenced Dive Crew.We have two tank Dives for $85.00 and that Includes Gear bottled water and Dive Master.We will make sure your Dives are a great experence by Taking you to Dive spots that match you experence level www.divingcabosanlucas.net tel.011-52-624-14-37659

Hey Diver.That must have been a long time ago. I remember when they Did the issue on Baja.it was called Bigger and Badder in Baja.We took the Skin Diver Crew on all there Dives when they recearched the area for that issue.There was a few lines on our shop Baja Dive and about me and one of our Dive Masters Victor.We have since changed our name to Cabo Divers.One thing that that has not changed is what can be seen in Baja. I have never seen a better Issue on Mexico Diving anywhere.You can still find it on line by searching Bigger and Badder in Baja

UWBB - thanks for taking the time to review Amigos. I will be in Cabo in May 2011 for my friends wedding. We are staying at Finisterra, and am looking to do two days of diving. My GF will have just completed her open water training - I will have to make sure they have a thicker mill suit for her as I am sure it will be pretty cold. Has anyone else tried the Manta outfit who can give a review? I have dove in Cozumel and it was great, then in Puerto Rico which was not so great - I totally see the importance of nice boats and DMs. Any advice (not from a dive shop) is appreciated.

ALSO - what can you say about the ATV tour? I am an avid dirt bike / sport bike rider so I am looking for something extreme and not tame. Can you review that aspect of your trip?

I also want to surf - has anyone surfed in Cabo before? I really just want to rent a board and try it out on my own - no lessons. Thanks in advance.

erichg1000-

Hopefully you can get some reviews of other dive shops. Manta is in the same shopping center, just around the corner from Amigos Del Mar. We had researched them prior to our trip but for whatever reason decided on Amigos. A thicker wetsuit and/or vest, hood, etc... would be good. Even though I need to replace my 3 mil, I usually don't get cold and I was freezing. The fish life is pretty cool though and different from the Caribbean. We've also been to Cozumel several times and they just seem to have it more together when it comes to dive operations.

I've never been on a dirt bike but I have done a few ATV trips and this was pretty good. My husband booked with Amigos (no relation to dive shop) and they were good. Once you make the drive out to the location there are several companies that are right next to each other (Baja was another one). They had at least 2 different lengths of time, we did the longer one which included lunch and was about 5 hours or so on the ATV's (plus drive time which was about an hour each way). The terrain started out pretty easy but definitely varied and I think it would have what you are looking for. There were parts of it that were more mountainous and then long flat stretches where you can go fast. The beach area below is where we had lunch and then they had a bunch of hills you could race around on that were definitely more extreme. That was one of our best days.

As for the surfing, we stayed at PlayaGrande and there was no swimming off the beach. I know there were places you could but you would probably have to drive a little bit.

949029404_G2zZv-M.jpg

949107830_TxEMy-M.jpg

Erich:
got back last month from first trip to Cabo with 2 buddies. We dove with Sunshine divers and were very pleased with them. It is a smaller more personal shop and if we go back would use them again. Also met the guys from Cabo Divers and they looked like a good alternative as well. A little bigger operation but it seemed to be well run. I usually go for the smaller (6Pack) boats and we never had more than 8 divers with Sunshine. Good Luck DD>

galleon in the playa granda was by far the best food we had, we are owners in pueblo sunset beach and guess we learned to ignore all the sales going on street side. I was going to dive in cabo this july but not so sure now.

Erich i have done about 14 dives with Manta Scuba in Cabo, Jan. 2010, Nov. 2010 & again last month. I am quite new to diving and feel really confident with their operation, boats & staff. they are very safety conscious and if you need to rent equipment theirs is well maintained, and much of it is new. Just did my Advanced with them in Nov. and our instructor was very good. Enjoy your trip!

Hey folks, My family and I are going to Cabo in June. I sent several emails to area dive shops and found Oscar at DeepBlue to be the most accomodating - at least via email. does anyone have any info on them? Manta was a close second, but I'd planned on using DB. We'll be diving with our two 15yr old girls, so I want a safe, fun experience.
We are also staying at the Playa Grande. Bought a friends second timeshare week from her - cheap. Thanks for the heads-up about the timeshare wolves....which I'd already expected.
UWBB - great pic's!

Back
Top Bottom