Trip Report - CoCoView Resort, Roatan, June 22-29, 2013

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You had Marco con pelo loco! I've asked for him when I go there next month; can't wait!

Looks like you had a great trip!

We had the same experience with tons of schooling fish on Tulio's last time we were there. Nice report and pics!

How's Doc doing? ( Are you going to end up in his novel? - Just reading his T-shirt in the pic! )

Nice Shots!

Thank You for your report.

Nice report, and I really appreciate all the photos of the resort itself. I have a good friend who dives, who makes at least one trip a year to CocoView. She has had nothing but wonderful things to say about the place, and your report confirms them.

I was already counting the days till my trip. 5 1/2 weeks... Your report realy puts me in the "are we there yet" mode! I do have one question. Your dive profiles at the end of the report look like avg depths were <50ft? Is this typical? I'm guessing nitrox wouldn't be worth it?

I was already counting the days till my trip. 5 1/2 weeks... Your report really puts me in the "are we there yet" mode! I do have one question. Your dive profiles at the end of the report look like avg depths were <50ft? Is this typical? I'm guessing nitrox wouldn't be worth it?

My husbands depths, as well as some of the other divers in the group, was deeper all dives. I personally, was trying to stay above 65'. Just my personal choice this trip. In fact, all of the boat dives had the opportunity to go much deeper on the walls. I can't think of a single dive where I was the deepest person as their was always someone below me.

Nitrox worth it??? That is a silly question! Of course it is worth it. Your nitrogen absorption is cumulative. So if you are doing multiple dives it adds up. There were a few divers on our boat who have not gotten their nitrox certs yet... and they told us they were jealous of us, as their computers told them that they couldn't get back in the water quite yet. (Surface intervals between boat and drop-off dives are usually between 30-45 minutes). Those of us diving nitrox had no issues.... dive dive dive dive, all day. Those diving air had to watch computers more closely. I told them that they could get back in for the drop-off, but would have to stay shallower and watch their computers. They decided to pass most days. They did say they planned to get the nitrox cert before their next trip as they see the purpose of it now. Nitrox is also $125pp for unlimited tanks, so I think well worth it.

robin

Thanks for the info. I'm a big fan of shore diving so we'll be on the front porch alot. @ 45 ft I'll run low on gas long before deco. I was going to
email them and see if they could have a bigger tank for me on the boat and that'll make nitrox a bigger priority. Thanks again

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom