Trip report: British Virgin Islands

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Lynne & Peter,

Thanks for your very insightful & entertaining trip report. We did our OW dives with Dive BVI on Virgin Gorda 5 yrs ago & have returned to the BVI for numerous land based trips that always include diving. I can only imagine how fascinating it must be to spend the week in a 50' cat.

Thanks again, alashas honeymoon2's photos- powered by SmugMug

I am moving to the BVI for the summer (May to August) and am looking into what kind of exposure suit to bring. The group I will be working for down there says they usually dive with board shorts and a wetsuit top or a shortie. When I am diving in an 82 degree pool that has no sunlight I get cold in a 3mm full wetsuit so, I am at a loss as to what to pack.

Any recommendations??! Thanks!

I usually just dive in a Rashie (a UV top) over the summer, but if you get cold easily a 2mm wetsuit jacket should see you through. Some of the instructors (who are doing 3 or 4 dives a day) wear full length wetsuits, but I kinda feel that is a bit over the top during summer whatever way you dice it.

OK. I am totally sold on this whole thing, the Catamaran, the sites, the scene, can someone PM me or post a link? Got to get over to BVI asap! Am packing right now!

Thanks for the great report. I love the BVI's - they are gorgeous. We've done 2 bareboat trips (my brother in law is a captain) and have also spent alot of time on Jost. It doesn't get much better than that.

The Chikuzen is one of my all time top dives. We were lucky to get out there too. We descended into a school of barracuda. That was the beginning of tons of life down there. And to top it all off, we heard whales singing. Man, I want to go back now.

thanks again.

Thank you very much for your trip report! I really enjoyed reading it.

Just got back from a 2 weeks vacation in Virgin Gorda and I did my AOW course with Dive BVI last week. Dove for instance at the Rhone, Wreck Alley and Aquarium. It was great and your report bring back nice memories. I especially liked the Rhone.

I loved your photos, by the way and are looking forward to more.

Maggy

TSandM we are considering renting a cat fro 4 people in early December. How would you rate the diving in the BVI versus Belize or Bahamas? BVI seems to have the majority of the yachts that time of year so if the diving is good that would really help with our decision.

We just return from Cozumel . Dove with Diving With Martin and had a great time. We also used Al from Always Diving for a few ceynote dives...thanks for the recommendation!

I can't comment on the comparison between the BVI and Belize or the Bahamas, because I haven't dived those other sites yet. But for color, corals, sponges, gorgonians, etc., the BVI is still up with Australia as one of my top two sites.

What a great trip report TSandM!

My husband and I are looking at doing a chartered Catamaran in Feb next year with some other non divers and I am trying to find info on different sites so we can get a few dives in while we are there. You report is exactly the type thing I was looking for.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom