Trip Report Trip Report: Bonaire- January 2020

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

You had me at rolls n butter and carpaccio :bounce:. Thanks Darook, will be reaching out to make sure we have seats at the Chefs table.
Book early -- both @darook and I had to be put on a waiting list for cancelations. They can be booked out a ways this time of year.

Another great trip we report we’ve come to love and expect! Glad you had a blast!

Awesome report! Thank you for sharing. We are still over 3 months out at this point.

I would add one more tip about leaving water jugs/containers in the back to rinse off with. Take an extra cap and drill/punch a series of holes through it. When time to rinse off, replace the standard solid cap with your ventilated one and, voila', instant shower! I just let my "shower head" ride in the back of the truck all week.

Nice report @Trailboss123 as always. Good to see there is another food truck option, but it’s hard to beat Kite City. Did you dive your namesake? Forty four dives! Looks like we have some catching up to do. :)

Nice report @Trailboss123 as always. Good to see there is another food truck option, but it’s hard to beat Kite City. Did you dive your namesake? Forty four dives! Looks like we have some catching up to do. :)
Yes, it was a nice start to the New Year. I did manage 2 dives at my namesake- both were outstanding. All the best to you and Lisa!

Thanks for the report Trailboss! Enjoyed the video. We're heading back there in early April for another 24 days. Good to hear the algae is subsiding. Hopefully the water warms up a little, or my gf will think we're in the wrong ocean, lol!
I would anticipate the water warming gradually. You will probably have 80-81 degrees. It is amazing to me how much warmer 81 degrees feels compared to 79 degrees. You would think it is a 5-10 degree difference in terms of comfort and feel.

Great report! Nice video! I like the music you put to that as well.

My wife and I are headed there for the first time towards the end of July. Can't wait!!
That music was from Bradley Cooper, by the way. In addition to being a very versatile actor- he sings and song writes pretty well.
It is from the movie A Star is Born.

Back
Top Bottom