Trip Report: Bohol w/ Phil. Fun Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great photos.

However, I've never had any issues with speaking Tagalog anywhere on the island and I've been going yearly for the past 4 years.

Yeah, water could be a bit of an issue on the island. I tend to use the local "tabo" when I'm there regardless of the resort. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Anyone tried Eskaya? The water pressure there might be a different since they charge an arm and a leg.

double post

Fuggler,
Great report... I can't wait till it's my turn. Unfortunately I'm not as skilled with a camera as you are... maybe I can take lessons whole I'm in Manila :)
ask caloy... he knows all the great spots in Quezon Ave., Sta. Mesa, Pasay, Mabini and North Harbor...

Jag

Great photos.

However, I've never had any issues with speaking Tagalog anywhere on the island and I've been going yearly for the past 4 years.

Yeah, water could be a bit of an issue on the island. I tend to use the local "tabo" when I'm there regardless of the resort. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for. Anyone tried Eskaya? The water pressure there might be a different since they charge an arm and a leg.

Thanks... I would have used a tabo if they had a big bucket of water, but it was just the shower and a very weak one too. There were times when it would just turn off on its own in the middle of showering! We asked two other divers who weren't staying at Lost Horizon and they said the shower in their rooms were fine. (One was staying at Oasis, forgot the other place...) Sorry if I sound "maarte" but after multiple dives, the first thing I want to do is rinse off with hot/warm shower and get dry. It wasn't convenient to do that at Lost Horizon. I guess if I come back next year and ask for resort recommendations, I'll preface it with "must have reliable wifi and hot showers".

Fuggler,
Great report... I can't wait till it's my turn. Unfortunately I'm not as skilled with a camera as you are... maybe I can take lessons whole I'm in Manila :)

Ben, have fun! The Philippines ruined me and my bf. Don't wanna dive Monterey for a month at least, lol. Which islands are you going to?

ask caloy... he knows all the great spots in Quezon Ave., Sta. Mesa, Pasay, Mabini and North Harbor...

Jag

You forgot P. Burgos st. and makati avenue in Makati. North Harbor, hayup, pahinante GROs yan!.

North Harbor? Ano yon Stevadore?

Can I get photography tips in a place with an "Aquarium"? it's almost like diving di ba?

Ben, have fun! The Philippines ruined me and my bf. Don't wanna dive Monterey for a month at least, lol. Which islands are you going to?

F looks like I should be able to pull off an Anilao overnighter or a couple of day trips then maybe 2 days in PG. It's a very tight schedule so bahala na... I don't want to spoil myself too much :wink:

(BTW Monterey M&G this weekend)

Thanks... I would have used a tabo if they had a big bucket of water, but it was just the shower and a very weak one too. There were times when it would just turn off on its own in the middle of showering! We asked two other divers who weren't staying at Lost Horizon and they said the shower in their rooms were fine. (One was staying at Oasis, forgot the other place...) Sorry if I sound "maarte" but after multiple dives, the first thing I want to do is rinse off with hot/warm shower and get dry. It wasn't convenient to do that at Lost Horizon. I guess if I come back next year and ask for resort recommendations, I'll preface it with "must have reliable wifi and hot showers".

The funny thing is I almost stayed there too. I've been sticking to Bohol Divers and lately Isis.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom