Trip Report - 7/25/05. LA Oil Rigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kylepreid:
Wow, those are some costly charters. I need to hook up with my old room mate and see if he still has his boat. He's scuba certified too, so I know he would love to go out if he still has the boat. If I find anything out I'll let you know, mabe you could join us if you have time. Im sure we will do some fishing while on our SI. He also only charges for the cost of bait, ice, and fuel, so if 4 of us go it will only cost about $40-$60 a person.

Sounds like a plan, but I'm a FWW (flat water wimp). I like stable boats and 3' max seas.
This trip was nearly perfect: Good weather, no surface current to fight and beautiful vis through the column. The only downside was the current on the dive. Oh, well, you can't have everything.

paulwall:
The only dive shop running trips out of Venice is Harry's (The oldest shop in New Orleans). The Scuba Co. books out of Pascagoula, and Adventure Quest and Caribbean say they can book these trips, but really don't.

SNIP...

Hey Paul, did you ever receive the video from that trip in the mail? If not, let me know.

Lane

Lane Zimmer:
Hey Paul, did you ever receive the video from that trip in the mail? If not, let me know.

Lane

Yes, I did. It looked great! Thanks for sending that out. It wouldn't play in my PC, but worked great on my DVD/TV.

Back
Top Bottom