Trip Report 6/13-6/20

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

To Amandasdaddy: Question about the DX3000--I've been looking at buying one of these and was wondering if you experienced any problems with shutter delay? One problem I have with digital cameras has always been the shutter delay from the time you "think" the picture will be taken and the time the shutter actually clicks, and this becomes even more of a problem underwater with fast-moving fishies. Was this a problem for you when you were using it? Thank you for any info! :)

CXG,

The shutter lag is slight. It's better than first generation cameras. It seemed worst when I turned the flash off and the scene was very dark. When there was a lot of light, it was pretty fast. I did have to shoot several over again because of the lag, but I think it was acceptable given how most of the current cameras work, and given the fact that it is not a Digital SLR.

You got some GREAT shots--I just went into your gallery. After seeing those, I may rent one for my Aug 9-16 trip! I hope you don't mind a few more questions: I noticed you did a lot of playing with the focus and zoom....when you zoomed in on something, like on that FABULOUS sea horse shot, did you use the strobe? I only saw one picture where you had any noticeable backscatter--did you use the strobe most of the time or leave it off? Also did you have to do any photo manipulation to get the color right or is that how they really come out? Again, great job and thanks for sharing your photos and for answering my questions! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom