Trip Report 02-20-09 to 03-05-09 part 1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes, there has been some sort of negative energy thing going on lately.:shakehead: Must be something in the air. Anyway, special thanks again for your report. It was an interesting and refreshing read. Oh, yea, the turtle angle was neat. I liked how that shot showed how muscular the neck is. Plus, I wanted to mention the guitar fish as well...very cool. Sue

That Guitarfish was almost invisible from the first angle I looked at it. Jeanne was pointing at it, and all I could see was a couple of fins. It took me a couple of minutes, then I saw an eye and a breathing hole. When I raised up over it, I finally could make out an outline.

Thank you for the report and the photos. Good job with those. I also liked the guitarrfish and the turtle. And the seahorse. I hope to see one of those too in Cozumel in April.

I am amazed about how good the point and shoot cameras are. Not at all my intention to say that you are not a good photographer:D. I have a similar camera, Canon A720IS and often the pictures come out really good, even if you don't think they wil. A good bouyancy control always help though.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. Just what I needed.

I don't know where you are staying or who you are diving with, but Paradise is a pretty common site. Hard to spot seahorses though. We saw 3 on one dive, and one on another. That's with six or seven pairs of eyes looking. There are two or three off the NW corner on the sting ray pen at Blue Angel, but you would have to do a shore dive to get there.

I get the feeling the guitarfish is pretty rare. None of the divemasters we talked to had seen one, or maybe they call it something else.

Yeah, I know. Posting a topic lately has been like tossing a pork chop into a room full of starving chihuahuas. I don't know if it's uncertainty about the economy, a long winter confinement or the subliminal effect of rap music but things have gotten a bit contentious lately. Thanks for a great report and for taking the time to do such a thorough job of it.

I hear you. I half expected some troll or sock-puppet to come jump all over my ass about something.

Awsome trip report! I am impressed that this is your first time using a camera! When I first started using one the pics were great. That is if you are fond of pics with only blue and gray colors. The turtle shot was my fav. I admit that I would never have seen that sea horse. Good call.

Most of these started out as blues and grays too. I just Photo Shopped them for color and contrast till they looked better. I don't know much about Photo Shop except I am supposed to have a crappy version. Jeanne and I took a class a couple of years ago for a couple of nights and my head was swimming each night. It's a complicated program in the advanced versions. I think a better solution would be to buy a strobe.:D

Awesome trip report! So cool about the reef squids... I've never been fortunate enough to see that many at one time, but I do love watching them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom