Trip Photos -- Oceanic Whitetip Sharks and Swimming Pigs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i would love to go on this trip! did you convert any of the photos to black and white. those oceanic white tips have markings that would look nice in b&w. do you know if jim is planning to offer this trip again?

Fabulous photos, as usual, Doug, but the one with the dome port reflection is a keeper.

Looks like a fantastic trip, but if I ever make it to the Bahamas, I'll be angling for an invitation to dive Abaco . . . :)

Thanks for sharing - the photos are wonderful!

matt215 -- Jimmy runs the trip about three times per year, usually May-June. You can reach him through the website (Jim Abernethy's Scuba Adventures: Diving Palm Beach and the Bahamas) or 888-901-3483

Lynne -- Yeah, Abacos. You are hooked on the cave-diving thing! :) Let me know the next time you'll be at Ginnie. While dining with you and Peter was great, I'd love to dine and dive with you next time!

Great pictures as always, Doug. The pigs are a hoot.

Absolutely fantastic photos! Both the sharks and the pigs. Kind on funny combination. Nature when it's best.

Fastmarc -- I had not noticed that before. I'm not sure what it is. May have been something in the RAW conversion to JPEG. I did crop the image a little but that wouldn't affect that area. I didin't do any clone stamping there so that's not it. Anyone else have any thoughts?

the shadow/outline of the boat maybe ? (or are you takling about something else)

Last edited:
Good call -- it could be the boat. I don't remember where the boat was on that shot but we were always drifting in the current with the hanging bait crates and the boat followed us.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom