Trip leading FG trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TwoBitTxn

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm trip leading the Flower Gardens trip on the Fling August 2-3 for Adventure Scuba. The trip leaves Freeport August 1st.

I'm looking forward to another season. I do highly recommend reading the numerous trip reports as there is a lot of good information in many of them.

TwoBit

Great to hear you'll be heading out in August, TwoBit. I'm leading a trip in July, and I hope to be part of a science team in June. I just wish I could get out there more often! (sigh) Oh, well, later this month I'm presenting a workshop to educators on the FG for the NMS. It's not diving, but I certainly do enjoy introducing others to a truly unique diving destination.

Hmm......

I might have to do this - I cant make the club meetings this semester due to a monday night class so if you keep info posted on here it would be awesome! What boat is it on? From what I read august is one of the best times as far as reliability of the boat sailing.

Hmm......

I might have to do this - I cant make the club meetings this semester due to a monday night class so if you keep info posted on here it would be awesome! What boat is it on? From what I read august is one of the best times as far as reliability of the boat sailing.

It's on the Fling.

Yes, August is one of the best months to run weather wise. That's part of the reason I requested that trip.

Here's a link for Adventure Scuba click on travel. Cost detail is there. I also highly recommend Nitrox.

TwoBit

I'll have to check my calender. I'd like to go out to the FG during the Summer. I was thinking about going in March but we decided to go dry caving in a few places in central Texas instead.

Anyone going out on the Spree 28-29th of Aug? I have already booked and cant wait, woohoo.

Guba: How does one become part of the science team? Not expecting to crash the party, just curious...

Well, don't get too excited about what I do for the FGBNMS. My participation is mostly through the education division. I got involved with it through a program in which teachers were selected from around the country, gathered in Freeport and given training (not diving training...we had to be certified and skilled prior to the program), then taken out to the FG for data collection dives. Afterward, I sort of fell into volunteering for the NMS in several venues. The program I hope to volunteer with this summer is sponsored by the Gulf of Mexico Foundation on behalf of the FGBNMS.
By the way, the "official" data monitoring is performed by PBS and J, a company contracted to provide comprehensive studies from year to year. I'd love to be a part of that, but that's a bit out of reach for me. However, I really enjoy my participation the the FG programs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom