Trip Cancellation Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ghostdiver

Reaction score
God forbid one should ever have to cancel a dive trip. ;-0 BUT I have a job where I may be required to cancel a trip the week I am supposed to leave. In the past I have gone with airline sponsored packages, which sell insurance that allows you to cancel for any reason before leaving. However, the packages usually aren't the best deal, don't include diving, and are usually at mainstream hotels. Does anyone know about any private travel insurance that can be purchased to allow you to cancel a trip for business reasons?

Travelguard and CSA Travel Protection are both good. Both have websites and can be purchased online. Before you buy travel insurance, compare the cost of the insurance & deductable against the cancellation policies of the airline, hotel and dive shop you're booking with. It's not always worth getting.

If my holiday is booked and payed for and most importantly approved by my company I tell them if they want to cancel then I wam willing to do so if they refund me my cost and the other halves....

So far no holidays cancelled, but it has come close a few times...

Jonathan

There are no travel insurance policies that I am aware of that cover cancellations due to business reasons.

The thread refrenced by Natasha contains most of the major players in the industry. You can always inquire.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

Ghostdiver:

As far as Travel Guard Insurance they offer what they call 'Change of Mind' coverage. It only pays up to 250.00 if it was purchased within 7 days of your initial trip deposit.

Purchase your Cruise, Tour & Travel policy within seven days of your initial trip deposit.

Here's a cut from their web site:

You'll receive protection against airline, cruise line or tour operator financial default.
We'll waive any pre-existing medical conditions that could eventually cause you to cancel or interrupt your trip.
We will also include a unique Change Your Mind coverage which reimburses you up to $250 when you are charged a penalty for canceling your trip simply because you change your mind.

The cost of the insurace is based on how much your trip costs, and your age, and the length of your trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom