Trip Advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

munclematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
My wife and I are doing a Cruise and want to get a dive or two in while down there. I am a Rescue diver, but she is not certified. Our Ports are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Island Rotan. She is all about the snorkeling but she wants to giving diving a shot also. Any suggestions on which place to dive, and local of the diving in that place?

My wife and I are doing a Cruise and want to get a dive or two in while down there. I am a Rescue diver, but she is not certified. Our Ports are Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize, and Island Rotan. She is all about the snorkeling but she wants to giving diving a shot also. Any suggestions on which place to dive, and local of the diving in that place?

Well i can advise on diving Belize and there is nothing wrong with the Cruise Ship dive operator which is Belize Dive Connection, they offer dive, snorkel and instruction via the cruise ship excursion office.

If you prefer a smaller operation then www.Seasportsbelize.com is a good option and is run by a friend of mine Johnny Searle jnr. He and his lovely wife run a much smaller operation and focus on providing less crowded boats.

He offers diving snorkeling and dive instruction if she wants to try diving while in Belize.

You may also consider getting her to do a resort course dive in one of the destinations prior to arriving in Belize, as long as she gets proof she has done the resort course she will be able to dive to a maximum of 40ft in other dive destinations with an instructor.

You can contact Johnny direct at seasportsbelize.com or you can book it via : BelizeDiveDiscounts.com : and save yourself 15% off the rate.

regards

Gaz Cooper

I've dived three of the four places you mention: Grand Cayman, Cozumel, Belize. While Cozumel may have the most fish of the three to see it also has the strongest currents making diving more difficult for beginners. Of the three I'd say Belize has the easiest diving and does have lots to see.

Grand Cayman and Belize would both be good for a new diver. Great diving both places too but from a cruise ship it will probably be better diving in CG. When I was a new diver I did dives in Cozumel and Grand Cayman. The Cozumel currents can be intimidating for some beginners,for some not a problem. It depends on the person.

When are you coming? The time of year you are here has a lot to do as to where you can get the best diving.

We are also on Facebook and on the cover of this month's Dive Training Magazine.

Thank you everyone for your help and posts. I think we are going to dive Grand Cayman and Roatan. The wife wants to do some shopping on Belize, so I might be able to do a dive there with out her. Who knows.

We are going to be there in mid-June. I am a Hawaii Diver and I know for us we hit up the Northern Side of Island during the summer. Its the only time its diveable. Anything like that going on at GC or Roatan? Are there any shark dives at these places also? I love sharks and I want to introduce my wife to them by diving with them. Lastly, any dive operators in these two areas that are great please let me know. I always love to spread the word about people out here so here is the chance. Thanks alot everyone again for all the information.

Shopping in Belize, well i am afraid Belize City is the ONE stop where there is little to no shopping, you really should do an activity for your day in Belize away from the city such as, maybe Cave Tubing or a Mayan ruin or Baboon Sanctuary.

The shopping in Belize is almost non existent and you would be much better to do shopping in Grand Cayman which has a lots more shopping options than Belize.

Belize City is not the nicest city and its not really recommended for a stroll around the city but what Belize does have are some excellent tours and of course you can dive.

Gaz

Back
Top Bottom