• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Trimix depth wrecks (or other unique locations)

Discussion in 'Wreck Exploration and Expeditions' started by Leo53214, Sep 11, 2016.

1. PfcAJ

PfcAJ Orca

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    Its fine as long as you stick to the tourist spots.

2. muzzon

muzzon Angel Fish

I was there recently, you would never know anything was going on politically, it was perfectly fine. I was in Thailand a couple years ago when there was a military coup and again, as a tourist you would never know anything was going on other than some specific parts of Bangkok.

3. wetb4igetinthewater

wetb4igetinthewater Instructor, Scuba

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Σώπα!

4. BCSGratefulDiver

BCSGratefulDiver Mental toss flycoon ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I was in the Maldives in 2012 when the military overthrew their government. Went into Male the day after the coup and the only sign of the coup we noticed were soldiers on the dock handing out cash to the protesters ... apparently it's a paid position, and they had completed their job and were collecting their pay. Otherwise, all was quiet and peaceful.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

5. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    The political climate in Philippines has no impact on ordinary folks.
    Only certain areas in the country should be considered unsafe to travel.

6. Leo53214

Leo53214 Angel Fish

Thanks for the idea! I talked to a friend of mine who has dual citizenship and he is working to hook me up with the right people over there. I will check out Red Sea Explorers. Definitely food for thought. thank You!

7. Leo53214

Leo53214 Angel Fish

The amazing thing about that is that the Maldives were rated the #1 ISIS recruitment area in the world.

8. Leo53214

Leo53214 Angel Fish

"

Those are definitely considerations. I find it ironic (as most things in life are) that once you get full Trimix and get the skills to do the deeper wrecks you run into complications because so many have gone CCR. I am not ready (that's an entirely different conversation) to trust a rebreather at this point so OC is where I will stay (for now). Fortunately John goes OC on our classes so we're all running the same times. Cost of Trimix is obviously a big consideration for "out there" dive sites. I wish I could just fly around with a T bottle!

9. Leo53214

Leo53214 Angel Fish

Ireland and Iceland are definitely on the life docket. Know any Charter Boats out there?

10. Leo53214

Leo53214 Angel Fish

I definitely DO NOT want to go into politics here (or anywhere for that matter) but I have to be realistic. If the T word gets into office there may be a lot of parts of the world that are not as friendly toward the U.S. If Muslims are told they are not welcome in the U.S. I doubt they're going to be thrilled to see us visit their various countries. (Mind you - when I say "they" I DO NOT mean "All", I am one of those "live and let live" people who don't hate or disrespect any group) I just want to feel safe and enjoy myself without worrying about becoming a target.