Trimix depth wrecks (or other unique locations)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leo53214

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am looking for an amazing unique location to do our Advanced Trimix class. We have our instructor (John Chatterton) and will require access to mix, tanks, and a charter boat with a great guide who knows where the good stuff lies. There are a ton of beautiful worldwide locations to dive but I'm not finding much for the kind of wrecks and/or depths we're looking for. We're adventurers and professional divers- recreational scuttled boats and reefs are just not cutting it for this one! If you're a more expedition minded charter operation, have a unique experience to be had or just have some awesome mystery wreck to explore, please let me know!

I am looking for an amazing unique location to do our Advanced Trimix class. We have our instructor (John Chatterton) and will require access to mix, tanks, and a charter boat with a great guide who knows where the good stuff lies. There are a ton of beautiful worldwide locations to dive but I'm not finding much for the kind of wrecks and/or depths we're looking for. We're adventurers and professional divers- recreational scuttled boats and reefs are just not cutting it for this one! If you're a more expedition minded charter operation, have a unique experience to be had or just have some awesome mystery wreck to explore, please let me know!

Red Sea, particularly south Egypt ... plenty of deep wrecks. Red Sea Explorers provides mix, tanks and scooters if you want them.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Last edited:
Plenty of deep and probably virgin wrecks scattered over Ironbottom Sound in Solomon Island.
And how about solving the mystery of IJN Fuso and Yamashiro in Surigao Strait? Which one was broken into two halves?
There are FIVE IJN destroyers lying somewhere in Ormoc Bay and only one(IJN Kuwa) had been positively identified. IJN Shimakaze, a giant destroyer(2,600 tons), is one of them and reputedly lying at 280m.

Last edited:
I second the Great Lakes. Lake Huron is a tech divers dream either the "Thumb" or Presque Ilse

we have some awesome wrecks here along florida's treasure coast. Sylvania Express (290') is great. the Seamist is also great (210').
there are a slew of others and John likely is familiar with many of them. Several great tec operators in the are. My favorite is Stuart Scuba. I like them so much i started teaching for them. One of the best crews around and very solid tec stuff.

What's your budget? If it's pretty big I'd say Bikini or Truk. If it's more modest, maybe Florida or the great cold lakes.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom