Tresher sharks in batangas...public market!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

unfortunately, i didnt take the pics. now, if you were to say naming the cheque for the fins...

Hi JIGO,

The Thresher Shark Research and Conservation Group have been studying Pelagic thresher sharks in the Philippines since 2004. We would very much like to contact you in person regarding the photographs you posted of a dead thresher shark in a Batangas. For the past 4 years, we have been working to understand the ecology of this species. Information from you could be very useful to promote thresher shark conservation and awareness.

If you don't mind, please contact us at: A.J.Beckett.liverpool.ac.uk

Best Wishes,

Alison Beckett

While I can't speak to the specific conservation issues with threshers in Philippine waters, they were commonly sold in the US even in our tiny Vons grocery store on Catalina Island. In fact, I ate a thresher shark steak several decades ago... but not since then.

While I can't speak to the specific conservation issues with threshers in Philippine waters, they were commonly sold in the US even in our tiny Vons grocery store on Catalina Island. In fact, I ate a thresher shark steak several decades ago... but not since then.
of course drbill you know that you are about to relegated to the status of "whaling thread" with your admission :rofl3:

Jag

Hi JIGO,

The Thresher Shark Research and Conservation Group have been studying Pelagic thresher sharks in the Philippines since 2004. We would very much like to contact you in person regarding the photographs you posted of a dead thresher shark in a Batangas. For the past 4 years, we have been working to understand the ecology of this species. Information from you could be very useful to promote thresher shark conservation and awareness.

If you don't mind, please contact us at: A.J.Beckett.liverpool.ac.uk

Best Wishes,

Alison Beckett

i didnt take the pics. i just posted a link to the site with the permission of the one who took them and is trying to get the local government to act on it. i suggest you send cecilia a private message via multiply.

Back
Top Bottom