Treating Barotitis Media

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
It's been 8 days since I did my scuba dive. I constantly feel like there's water clogged in my ears which I cant get out. My hearing is muffed and is at 70-80% of normal.

I had a slight nose bleed after one of my dives, and regularly had pressure equalizing my ears while decending in water. I went to an ENT and was told that my eardrums look dusty and red.

I did a little bit of googling, and found that my symptoms are most consistent with a condition called Barotitis Media (Common Ear Injuries While Diving — DAN | Divers Alert Network — Medical Dive Article) primarily coz of the earlier nose bleed, constant clogged feeling, muffed hearing and redness on the eardrum.

I am on a tablet called Relent, and a nasal drops called Xylomist. I have my dive certification coming up on 8 days.

What can I do to recover in time?

Back
Top Bottom