Inner ear barotrauma

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you! I think walking around feeling the fullness in his ear for two weeks is also driving him nuts - and the directionality of where sounds is coming from it all cock-eared for him. He's not in pain - he was for a couple of days but no longer. Poor guy. I'm passing along all the info. Thanks again.
@Kimela , sorry you all are going through that. Nothing to add to what @doctormike said.

Thank you! I think walking around feeling the fullness in his ear for two weeks is also driving him nuts - and the directionality of where sounds is coming from it all cock-eared for him. He's not in pain - he was for a couple of days but no longer. Poor guy. I'm passing along all the info. Thanks again.

Yeah, if it's really annoying, he could ask the doc about an office myringotomy (draining the fluid with topical anesthesia). Just be aware that if the ear hasn't healed, he shouldn't dive. Normally it heals pretty quickly (a few days), but not always...

Yeah, if it's really annoying, he could ask the doc about an office myringotomy (draining the fluid with topical anesthesia). Just be aware that if the ear hasn't healed, he shouldn't dive. Normally it heals pretty quickly (a few days), but not always...
Got it. Thanks. He woke up this morning and said the prednisone might be helping ... hope, hope, hope. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom