Treasures from the Andrea Doria --- Portland Oregon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JS1scuba

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
I've been scheduled to do a presentation on the Andrea Doria in Portland Oregon May 11th

Treasures from The Andrea Doria

North Atlantic divers are best known for their rugged activities of diving in cold water and the desire to bring home an artifact — some remembrance of where they were or what they saw. For some a bottle or a piece of brass fills the need—for others, its china and crystal from the “Mount Everest of Dives,” the Andrea Doria. Though some wrecks are deeper the Grand Dame is still five decades after her sinking giving up her treasures and taking more lives.

This year is the 50th Anniversary of the Sinking of the Andrea Doria.

Spend an evening with us; this presentation will illustrate how technical dives are done on the Andrea Doria, the logistics, planning, equipment, teams, and problems associated with deep open ocean scuba diving with mixed gases. We will look at dive operations both commercial and recreational from the past through the present including an open discussion of methods and techniques.

Never before has there been a presentation on this topic in the Pacific Northwest I hope you’ll join me and Aqualung's Dan Rodarte for an exciting evening on the Andrea Doria. This evening is co-sponsored by Aquatic Sports of Oregon

When: Thursday Evening May 11, 7:30-9:30pm

Where: Crowne Plaza
PORTLAND-LAKE OSWEGO
14811 KRUSE OAKS DRIVE
LAKE OSWEGO, OR 97035

Seating is limited!

You can find details on this at:

http://www.danrodarte.com/index.php?page=doria_info

We hope you can make it .......

You REALLY need to bring this up to Seattle as well! I wish I could spare the time to go see this- I've been reading lots of books about diving the Doria lately...

I agree, I'd love to both see the presentation and get a chance to chat with you. Sounds interesting.

I'm going to try to make it there, I would love to see it. Any chances of bringing it a little farther North? I know that you would get a GREAT reception!!

I agree.. any chance of this coming to Seattle?

Back
Top Bottom