Treasure Island beach, St Pete's....non diving question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

robandliza

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

I'm going to visit Treasure Island for a day over the summer and wondered if any locals visitors had any advice to help plan

I'll be going with my wife 2 boys, aged 14 and 12, and their 14yo friend

I'm sure they'll be looking to play some beach sports as well as maybe hire kayaks etc. Somewhere nice for lunch would be good to know and also if there are showers on the beach as we are going to watch the Rays in the evening

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Rob

Go to John's Pass Village. You will find everything you want there. From that location you can get parking. You can rent jet skis charter fishing boats hire kayaks and as well as parasailing. You can even take a sunset pirate cruise with free beer and wine for the adults and free sodas for the children. John's Pass Village is located on the Madeira Beach side of the inlet between treasure Island and Madeira Beach. As far as food is concerned scully's is a great restaurant. There are also many other choices there. If you do go to scully's and you really like it I suggest getting the grouper sandwich, It's Huge!
There are also many cute shops there for the ladies and some for the men.
On treasure Island there is an arcade when you have some downtime for the children. All Of the public parking areas on treasure island will have a beach shower. I am not sure what day it is held on but once a week there is a drum circle held on treasure island that should not be missed. just google treasure island drum cirlce the event caters to musicians and non alike and if nothing else it is interesting to watch. there are usually more than a hundred people during that event.
Also if you're going to be there more than a couple days you should make a trip to Fort Desoto which is probably only about 25 minutes away maybe less. There are lots of things to see and do there including, fishing swimming exploring the fort which has many large cannons. Another fun day trip from that location is to head down to Venice Beach and hunt for sharks teeth you can find them directly on the shore where the water meets the sand.Bring a colander to help sort the sand and shells and sharks teeth.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom