Treasure Found at "Cocktail Cove" ! ! !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Kraken

He Who Glows in the Dark Waters (ADVISOR)
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Hey, Looney Birds ! ! !

Exciting news !!!

I was diving at Cocktail Cove on Lake Lanier this past Thursday looking for treasures and I found some ! ! !

Especially if you're of a marine biologist set.

Found a fresh water clam/mussel shell 10" long, 6" wide and 2-1/2" deep!

Sorry if it wasn't what you were hoping for, the lost Rolex, diamond ring or whatever, but for me it was exciting none the less.

I've seen some large fresh water mollusks, but never one this big. Would have made a complete meal by itself.

Oh, the surface temp was 86 and 79 at 26 feet.

the K

Hey, DI . . .
. . . a buddy of mine saw ya diving up there a few days ago, I think.

Did you have your pontoon up there and doing some diving?

the K

that was me,i did some diving there sunday evening,found 1 anchor,bunch of golfballs,sunglasses,maudigrau beads and some very large mussels.

Let me know when ya plan to go back up again.
Hopefully I'll be able to pick up an underwater metal detector by next summer.

the K

i plan on diving there alot after boat season winds down,it is hard to dive there on the weekends now with all the boat traffic,should slow down alot after labor day. dennis i need to talk to you about doing a advanced course,i want to start diving some wrecks some and probably need a advanced card to show them to get on some of the boats,not really looking to do any penetrations but would like to do the orsikiny and maybe some north carolina wreck trips.

PM sent.

the K

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom